“Cubandelicious!!!”

Rancho Alegre Cuban Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rancho Alegre Cuban Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Central American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: If you are a Cuban food fan, this is a great destination. Interesting variety, including Great choices, but the true Cuban dishes are wonderful. Don't miss the flan, the BEST I have ever eaten!and Paella to die for!!!
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Cubandelicious!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife is Cuban (noisy, opinionated and with an attitude) that's why I married her, so first thing she told the waiter who wasn't Cuban, I am Cuban you better have a chef that can cook Cuban because I will know immediately!!! I told the guy "sir you have been advise, just give thanks to god that you don't have to live with her, but I do!!! so after browsing the menu who was very varied, we ordered plenty of appetizer, from Cuban tamale, to lechon (Cuban roasted marinated pork), to relleno de papa (fried stuffed potato) and croquetas (Ham croquettes), hey my wife said that the Roasted pork is to die for!!! she ordered Vaca frita (crispy fried beef) and she was very please with her dish, the white rice needed more salt and the black beans were missing comino(cumin) , cubanero peppers and onion that's it nothing else!!! that's what she said to the waiter who took her advise very interested to pass the info to the chef who we found out was not Cuban but trained in the Cuban culinary art!!!! I had fried red snapper, I even ate the eyeballs!!! aha!! yup it was that good!!! My comadre had some fried pork who was tender and juicy on the inside! a rarity thing usually frying the pork will make it dry and hard but this chef got it covered, my compadre had breaded sirloin fried filet, who I tasted and needed more condiment, saw a Paella going to table beside us and it looked delicious, we where in a hurry but we are planning to come back very soon! so hopefully the waiter pass the information to the chef!! and we will see the changes applied to our food!!! for desert we shared flan (vanilla custard) and a tres leches and the four of us where like wow!!!! really good homemade deserts!!!! we will be back soon and they have jazz Friday and Saturday nights!!!! live band!!!

• Visited October 2013

“Hostile greeting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The food here is excellent--just great. No problems there.

However, there is an employee that has made visiting this restaurant unpleasant. We recently dined at the restaurant. Walked in, it was very slow, the guy at the host's stand didn't bother to make eye contact and totally ignored us. So I said, "should we seat ourselves?" in a perfectly cordial tone of voice. He responded by saying, very snidely, "No! Why do you think I'm standing here?" and gave me a dirty, exasperated look. He'd been unpleasant on previous visits, too.

THAT'S NOT OK. If you want people to eat at your restaurant, Rancho Alegre, at least greet them with an ounce of kindness.

• Visited October 2013
Savannah
“Excellent In Every Way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We walked into this restaurant after attending an event in Forsyth Park on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was very busy and we were immediately greeted at the door. There were 8 of us and it took them maybe 5 minutes to get our table ready. A pleasant waiter came to the table immediately and took our drink order and brought bread. Our orders were taken and the food came out quickly. The food was excellent! Try the Milanesa of beef, absolutely outstanding. My friend had the roast chicken, also excellent. This is what I call outstanding service and we will be returning.

PS Very talented and entertaining Jazz Quartet performing the night we dined!

“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for years and love the atmosphere and the food. We are big fans of the roasted pork and roasted chicken. Service is hit or miss depending on how busy it is. I always recommend this place.

Statesboro, Georgia
“Nice lunch break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Greated promptly at the door arriving for a late lunch--quickly seated and drink orders taken. The bread is wonderful and was very warm and crunchy with a nice garlic flavor. Had the Ropa Vieja--great flavor and good beans and rice. The ripe plantains were good also. Big portion and no room for dessert. I had been to the old location several times, but finally made it to the one downtown. Good parking behind the restaurant.