“Staff very friendly”
Review of Ken & Candi's BBQ - CLOSED

Ken & Candi's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The restaurant was recommended by the J.D. from Red Gate RV to us so we thought we'd give it a try since it was near by. Our waitress, Deb, was a wealth of information about the local area and extremely friendly. I had the ribs which were very good and my husband enjoyed his pulled pork sandwich. They have a limited beer and wine selection but drinks are reasonably priced. It would've been hard to find it in the strip center if J.D. hadn't told us to pull in behind the tire center. Their location is not helping their business for sure. If you go, be sure and try the mustard based barbeque sauce. It is nice and spicy! I was so impressed by it that I purchased a bottle to go.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Tucked away in a small strip shopping center, it's easy to overlook, but don't! Their BBQ is as good as anyone's in the region, the staff are super friendly and hard-working (even when swamped by large groups!), and their prices are VERY competitive. The decor is a cross between patriotic and hot biker chicks (in a good way!), and is very interesting to see. I highly recommend this place for anyone who enjoys good BBQ, especially if they're on a budget.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

when i went there the food was like no other i had before there was a special flavor i had that you cant experience anywhere else i highly recommend it

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We are a growing family of 4, Pregnant Mom, Dad, teenage son, and a 6 year old son. It's very hard to find a restaurant that can accommodate my taste buds as well as the boys. We have always received exceptional service and the staff always makes our boys feel special...crayons for the younger one and guy talk for the teenager. The teenager loves the bbq cheese fries while the younger one prefers their chicken fingers; they both agree on the" wonderful mac & cheese" as their side of choice. My husband loves the baby back ribs while I prefer the brisket. Their menu is so diverse for anyone's taste buds that it has kept this pregnant mother in the spices she has needed.... along with special orders. I am sure that corporate owned restaurants would not accommodate all of my special tastes but Ken & Candi's have never made an issue over my special requests. It is too hard to find a family restaurant with good food and a great family environment. I prefer to support local mom and pops outfits rather than a corporation. Our country needs to get back to the basics with local support, this is where you get good customer service, friendly atmosphere, and great food.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Always looking for good BBQ and had bought an online special some time back. The prices were good, and there were a good many people there for the lunch serving. I ordered BBQ with beans and fries, and my spouse ordered beef brisqit with green beans and mac & cheese.

My chicken was severely overcooked and was black on outside and dry meat. The beans were tasty as in Caned tasty. The crinkle fries were best part of meal. I noticed my spouse did not hardly touch green beans and mac&cheese, and found out that that both were cold and did not taste all that great. He said the beef was ok, but also on dry side and not that much flavor.

We have one more of the special deals left and plan to visit one more time just to see it this was just an off day or what. But for now I give this restaurant two stars and feel I am being generous.