“Food was good...service less-so”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 887 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Barnard
Transit: Chatham Area Transit
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This could have been a very different experience with a different server. First of all, the food was wonderful. oysters on the half-shell were fresh and flavorful. I had probably the nicest piece of prime-rib I had had in many moons. My partner was tickled to see halibut on the menu and ordered it, but it arrived very over-salted and ate only about half of the quite small portion for the very hefty price tag. The location is wonderful overlooking the river and we enjoyed a saxophonist who was playing on the street who we went and tipped after our meal. We asked our server a number of questions but "M" couldn't answer any of them. "where are the oysters from?", Your menu mentions "low-country"--what does that mean?... Instead of finding out the answer, she either made up an answer--and told us it was made up...or shrugged her shoulders. From this caliber of restaurant, I would expect the server to say, "I don't know where the oysters come from, but I'll find out and let you know." Great location and decent food.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We've eaten at the Chart House in Philadelphia several times but this was our first visit to CH in Savannah. The waiter was attentive and pleasant to deal with. On our visit this past weekend, the concierge at our hotel (Andaz) surprised us with a special request for complimentary Fried Green Tomatoes (first time we had it and it was surprisingly tasty). The head chef also came to our table to check in on us which was a nice touch.

The views upstairs are pretty nice, but can only be seen through standard size windows, so you can only see a small portion of the river. The outdoor seating on the first floor provides a much better view.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great location - right on the river, ate on the balcony and watched container ships go by.

We waited inside at the bar for about 10 minutes. A group of servers / bartenders were hanging out at the bar and were pretty distracting. Also, the bartenders decided it was the right time to start the dishwasher and it was really loud.

Food was good, but was expecting more based on the price. They were out of the option my husband wanted.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

It was ok. Service wasn't great. Food was good but not really worthy of its price. When I asked the server about which fish was fresh I was told it was all fresh. So when I asked the server which of the fish was locally caught in the area I was once again told all of it. So when I asked if the salmon was also locally caught in the area I was told yes.

Yeah.....exactly. The servers don't even know what they are serving. River House down the street is much better as are many of the other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Not easay to find a nice restaurant in a so touristic place. CH is a good choice, not noisy, not too many TV ! Quality food without tempura or fried, real cooking and not basic food. The only bad point are the waiters, slow and and so professionel ! Please work on that and it will be perfect.
Price are ok for this type of restaurant.