“They are not there anymore”
Review of Sakura Japanese

Sakura Japanese
Ranked #578 of 937 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 13, 2016

They are not there anymore...last time I tried going there it was a different business, but when they were there I liked all of their dishes and they had this wonderful fried bread for dipping.

Reviewed January 10, 2016

Actually at the beginning I was INCREDIBLY scared of the place, had no faith at all because definitely the place needs an URGENT update. The tables and chairs are very old and the place looks a little shady. But besides that I have no regrets on the food, as a matter of fact it was really good and I had low expectations. Maybe I was lucky but I enjoyed the food.

Reviewed November 10, 2015

The sushi was fresh and wonderful. They have a sake that is really tasty. We ordered a whole boat of sushi and had some cocktails, the price was good and so was the service

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Good food but have had better. My expectations were probably too high since we had received so many positive recommendations. The issue is Savannah has many great restaurants such that you can easily lose perspective. That said, I would recommend dining there since the building has such a great history. and is worth the visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2015

I've given this place many tries over the past few years (there just aren't sushi options on Broughton St). First of all, the sushi is just plain bad. Anyone who has had good sushi before would agree. The restaurant itself needs a MAJOR upgrade, it's shady, outdated, cheaply decorated, and could stand to be scrubbed a few times....it's actually too much like a college student's living room. Service is absolutely awful, the majority of the staff simply don't care and aren't worried about your dining experience. A couple of years ago, our server visited our table TWICE during the entire visit (once to get drink orders and once to get the food order)....she was actually so absent for so long that we thought maybe she had gone home because we never saw her come back out of the kitchen area after waiting 20+ minutes for our check, after a different server had cleared our plates. We left no tip for the missing server, but she certainly appeared after we paid; she proceeded to run out of the restaurant YELLING at us on the sidewalk. Not just outside of Sakura, but she had literally run down the sidewalk a good bit to express her anger for not being tipped. I have never seen anything like it before in my life. If you want mediocre food, mediocre (and sometimes just outright terrible) service, in a mediocre building, go to Sakura! And hey, maybe you'll get chased down the sidewalk too!

1  Thank Ansley E