“Don't be fooled by appearance”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bayou Cafe

Bayou Cafe
Ranked #159 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Seattle, WA
“Don't be fooled by appearance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I went here on the recommendation of a friend. When I walked in, I immediately thought that this place was a bit sketchy in appearance. I was by myself and sat down at the bar. The server was a bit busy, but friendly and fun to chat with. I had a cup of Jambalaya and a BBQ sandwich. Both were EXCELLENT. If you like a bit of spice, use their homemade sauce...it's GREAT! On top of having good food, they were also very accommodating with my request to bring in a fairly large group the following night. The manager made a few calls and set us up to use their room upstairs for a group...all in all, this place has good food and is run by good people. They might get a bit busy for lunch and dinner time, but if you're OK with relaxing and not hurrying your meal, I highly recommend stopping by here for a meal.

• Visited March 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is an awesome dive bar. Live musician that was great and they were heavy handed on drinks! I didn't eat here but it smelled and looked wonderful. Will definitely be back!

Visited March 2014
“Understaffed and poor quality food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had an early dinner on a Friday night. Restaurant filled-up quickly and there was only one waiter who, under the circumstances, didn't do too badly. We've travelled to Louisiana and have had good cajun food. This was poor. We had fried shrimp that had way too much batter. Jambalaya was too heavy on the sauce. We ate no more than half of the food on our plates. Disappointing.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Julie G
Ubly, Michigan
“Jam session”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

The wait staff were very attentive and friendly. Good food for a good price. Loved the jam session (blues music) after 9pm. Place was full most of the evening.

Visited February 2014
“Hole in the wall with awesome food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place is a dive bar/pub/cafe but the food is awesome! The server was friendly and treated us like we were regulars. I recommend you stumble in and have a Cajun burrito or shrimp po-boy. Delicious! The beer is good too. ;-)

Visited October 2013