“Excellent as always”
Review of Garibaldi's Cafe

Garibaldi's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Garibaldi's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 908 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I brought a friend of mine here from Canada. She wanted to taste what Savannah was all about. Garibaldi's is one of my all time favorite restaurants. Reservations aren't required but I do recommend you make them. We sat downstairs (there is up and down). We ordered the cheese platter as an appetizer, nothing special in my opinion so we saved it for desert. I ordered the fried shrimp plate, and it was probably the best I ever had. my friend ordered from what I can remember, a pork tenderloin special. Hers was excellent as well. If your looking for flounder, they have the best crispy flounder. Even though they were busy and we were late on arriving, service and taste did not suffer. This is a charming and cozy restaurant, but when needed can also make for a great girls night or family event.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Had not been to Garibaldi's in a long time and was quite surprised at the decor and ambiance of the downstairs, we all loved it. Starting with Fried Green Tomatoes and Mussels as appetizers we then had a couple of redfish entrees, a pasta dish and of course crispy scored flounder. Everything was GREAT!! Sean, the maitre Dee was very helpful in selecting our wine. All in all a wonderful evening.

1  Thank nosher123
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stop by Garibaldi's Café! The food is wonderful, the ambience is perfect and the service is impeccable. We ate her twice while visiting Savannah and I will be back!!!!!!! Keeli was our server and she did a wonderful job explaining wine selections and food parings. Had excellent knowledge of the menu and how the food was prepared. Love this place.

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We found this place on open table and decided to give it a try. It was excellent. The server Jarrett was perfect. He knew the menu front and back. His recommendations were great! He made the meal very nice for my boyfriend and I. We will be back again! Steak and grouper were yummy!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

On a whim we decided to eat here when we were passing by. This was a change to our normal habits as usually we check out reviews because if we are going to spend a lot of money on a meal we want it to be worth it. Well we were very lucky because judging by the low ranking we would not have chosen this place. We were extremely happy with the meal, the service and the atmosphere. Unlike many restaurants the noise level was low so we were able to enjoy our meal with out having to resort to shouting. Our waiter was a very lovely young student who engaged in just the right amount of conversation with us. His recommendations of the flounder was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal