“Usually good but this time uncooked chicken”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Avalon/Oglethorpe Mall Area
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Nice waitress, nice decor. Food not as good as expected. Asked for chicken under a brick well done. It was blackened on top but still raw inside.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We ate here on Easter afternoon. Food was good. Not the best Romano's I have been at but still very good. It was a little bit more informal as the waiter had jeans and a striped shirt, not the usual black pants and white shirt. Like I said food was good and the waiter was very pleasant and earned a good tip.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had excellent service, and the food was wonderful. One of our kids ordered a dish and it was not what he/she expected, and our waiter took it off our bill and exchanged the meal for another dish that was much better.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I visited this Romano's store just before Valentine's Day. We've been in others in various parts of the country. We had been here twice before while passing through Savannah and found the restaurant full or close to it each time and it is plain why - great food accompanied by good service will seldom fail to please. Our server was efficient and inobtrusive.

I am not a fish eater. I normally opt for pasta with red sauce and lots of meat and chase it with a few glasses of red. I say again, I am not a fish eater. But my sister and brother in law have raved repeatedly about this Romano's parmesan encrusted sole so my wife tried it and I decided to give it a try. It was excellent. I will try it again.

We even tried a bottle of Romano's chianti - which didn't quite live up to my hopes - but it wasn't bad given the very reasonable price.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

When there is a wait and you see many empty table, there is an understaffed problem. Should have left but food is usually good and service ok. Not this day. After a ten minute wait, we were seated by the hostess who also brought bread which was hot and good. It was ten minutes more before we were able to order drinks and water. The water jug was four feet away but the bread was gone and we were painfully thirsty before upon the second request the water arrived. Drinks came ten minutes later and then the food came maybe fifteen minutes later. Food was very good but after being kept waiting just wasn't like it should have been.
I expect this type of visit will be common with ahca (affordable health care act) in place as businesses cut hours and understaffed out of necessity. The smart will prosper and the others will fall by the side. Time will tell.