“Good seafood”

Dockside Seafood
Ranked #121 of 961 Restaurants in Savannah
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Casual dining in a 1792 historic building. Riverfront patio. Full bar. Seafood, steaks, sandwiches. Weekday happy hour 3-6.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have eaten here twice and both times the service was good and the seafood hot and flavorful. It's on the crowded waterfront with lots of other seafood choices. Can't go wrong.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ate dinner here the last night of a business trip. We had about fifteen people in our group and Dockside was very accommodating and the service was excellent. Specials were discussed in detail and he made recommendations to us. I had the grilled mahi mahi with grilled veggies and mashed potatoes. My husband got the surf and turf and loved it. One of the great things was the music playing in the background was mostly 80's music and just loud enough to know what song was playing. Dockside is on my return list.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank girlfromthesouth2017
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Food was good here. Staff was friendly. Service was quick. Enjoyable experience for us during our walk down River Street.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 3, 2018

While on an overnight visit to Savannah, we wanted to get seafood. I looked up reviews and right at the top was Dockside Seafood. I think this restaurant falls under the category of hidden gem located on the Savannah River right near the Hyatt. It doesn’t look like much from the outside and not very big. I would say generally a nice intimate setting except the night we went as there was a huge Christmas party, so it was a bit loud. We got there before the party so most of the meal was quiet. The food however made up for the noise from the party!
I had the Savannah Mahi Mahi and my wife had the grilled Mahi Mahi. My experience with Mahi is that it must be a hard fish to cook correctly because a lot of times the fish, while being tasty, is a bit on the dry side or just to the point of being over cooked. That must be because inexperienced chefs and working with it because the chef at Dockside obviously knows what he (or she) is doing! The Savannah Mahi Mahi is a Cajun blackened Mahi with a generous scoop of lump crabmeat on top covered with a superb house made béarnaise sauce. I’m not a big fan of sauces like these on my fish, but the tastes of the expertly cooked Mahi, the crabmeat and the béarnaise sauce was heavenly. I have never had Mahi cooked this perfectly. My wife’s grilled Mahi was cooked perfectly as well. Each dish was accompanied by steamed vegetables (zucchini and yellow squash) that were not mushy and not too firm. We both had the loaded smashed taters which were great!
I am only giving this review 4 stars mainly because the service could have been better. Yes, the food was worth the wait, but the restaurant knew there was a big party and there were only 4 wait staff on duty and ours was more attentive to the party then his other tables. Management should have planned better and had a waiter or waitress just for the tables not with the party. The place is small enough that one person could have done this without too much trouble. Having said this, the main reason we were there was the food and they did not disappoint on that front! We will definitely try this place again when back in Savannah.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 29, 2018

For history in Georgia. It doesn't get much better. This Restaurant occupies the oldest building in Georgia. The food was very good, and we had an outside table with a view of the Savannah River.

Date of visit: November 2018