“Right on the River”

Dockside Seafood
Ranked #123 of 953 Restaurants in Savannah
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Casual dining in a 1792 historic building. Riverfront patio. Full bar. Seafood, steaks, sandwiches. Weekday happy hour 3-6.
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

First night in Savannah and decided to stop in at Dockside’s. They have drink specials and the waiter was quick to steer us to the Pirates Punch. Delicious and could only have one. I wasn’t very hungry but decided on a salad with mahi mahi. The fish was blackened to perfection. It was a great first night.

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Nice spot on River St! Super casual atmosphere. Drinks were strong and yummy! We went with another couple and we both ordered the coconut shrimp. Really good but one of the orders did not get made w the coconut breading and our waiter swore it did. We didn’t push the issue. We also tried the crab cake and that was very good as well. The service wasn’t great but it wasn’t horrible either. Our friends tried the shrimp’n’grits and raved about it. Overall, not a bad spot and def friendly on the budget. We would come here again.

Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Close to where we stay when in Savannah, Dockside is great casual seafood with amazing service (Earl)
My sister had the scallops and said they were delicious. My Shrimp platter was good and just enough. Friendly and locally owned in a very historic building.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived we were informed that if we wanted to eat outside there was a 30-45 minute wait, but inside there was no wait, so we chose to sit inside. Well....there was a reason why no one was eating inside....there was two people singing & playing obnoxiously loud music right in the middle of the restaurant! We couldn’t even hear the waitress who was bent down right next to our ear! Also, apparently if you order the pick two or more platters, then your portions are smaller. I chose the shrimp & crab cake pick two platter & ended up with 5 shrimp & one crab cake, so a little advice, don’t order the combo platters. Otherwise, food & service is good.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are in Savannah on vacation, and we met up with friends of ours at Dockside. Absolutely delicious meals. I had Scallops Savannah, and it was wonderful. I grew up on the coast, eating and cooking seafood all my life. I can safely say they did a great job. The atmosphere was fun for a night out. Highly recommended.