“Great food but a little pricy”
Review of Dockside Seafood

Dockside Seafood
Ranked #109 of 880 Restaurants in Savannah
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Great food but a little pricy”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Good atmosphere, right on the river, great staff, good to excellent food, but just a little pricy. We got there early so were seated immediately. They cannot handle large parties, we were 18 and split up throughout the resturant.

• Visited November 2012

“Worst restaurant I've EVER experienced”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

This place is awful! We sat down and waited 15 minutes just for someone to say I'll be right with you and then finally someone took a drink order . All we ordered was nachos and steamed mussels. 40 minutes later she brings out fried mushrooms. Which we didn't order and a tiny plate of nachos that was just a small pile of chips with melted cheese on it that looked like it came out of a walmart food court. So the waitress finally brings are mussels and they were not in any sort of wine sauce or broth , just sitting on the plate overcooked and totally dry and was like eating rubber bands. No taste whatsoever ! Awful and they were 17 dollars. As an appetizer. 2 appetizers took 45 minutes which is ridiculous and the food was awful. The waitress said the cook does each ticket in order one at a time . Which is crazy only having one cook in the kitchen. Especially a cook that can't cook! I've had better food in a hospital ! Robert Irvine needs to come into this place and teach these people how to cook , waitress and serve food that doesn't look like it came out of the frozen food section. I'm very surprised this place stays in business.

1 Thank Sparky696
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Icky and Dark”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Let me begin by saying that I research everything and every place before deciding to visit. In my opinion, money and time are too valuable to give in to chance.

With that being said, I did not get a chance to see what others had to say about this joint before we visited. Big mistake! This bad decision occurred because our 3 year old waited until we were far away from our car (we travel with her potty) and smack in front of this place to begin an impressive wiggle dance indicating a desperate need to potty. I glanced at the menu on display and quickly agreed to be seated in order to use the potty.

Anyway lets get to the actual nitty-gritty. The restaurant was dark and "KRUDDY". The food was apparently fried in old oil and everything was dark, not golden-brown. In addition, I ordered the crabcakes, but before I did, I explicitly asked the waitress to describe the make-up of the crabcakes ingredients. I asked if they were lumped are filled with breading to which the girl assured me they were lump crab cakes with a light breading. NOT, they were breadcakes with crabmeat minimally scattered throughout. Not what I expected nor what she described. They did promptly remove it from my check but she either was unknowledgeable or a liar. In addition, my husband's scallops were burnt and under cooked, didn't think that was possible.

Anyway, eat here at your own risk. It was rather gross and we will not be returning anytime soon.

Visited November 2012
Jackson, Georgia
“Good food, not great food”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Informal atmosphere, good food, not great. Waitress was friendly. Had the River Streetlow country boil, it was good. Food might be a little over-priced, but in Savannah, what isn't? It's a good place on River St.

• Visited November 2012
MONROE
“Ok Food”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We ate lunch here, had the fried fish, it was ok, large piece of fish, didn't enjoy the fries, coleslaw was good. The waitress was very friendly. Might try this place again. The prices were a little high like most things in Savannah.

Visited November 2012