“Quirky place, just like Savannah”

Elizabeth On Thirty Seventh
Reserve with OpenTable
Elizabeth On Thirty Seventh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 876 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Drayton St.
Vero Beach, Florida
“Quirky place, just like Savannah”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Looks like a haunted house, difficult parking, but after you are in the ghosts are friendly and smiling.

There are several dining rooms, and some tables are awkward and most are ok.

The waiter has his own mind, tries to dictate, and is a bit pompous. However, all that being said, the food is first rate and i do not understand how it is possible for 19 other Savannah restaurants to be more highly rated.

They have a really good wine list, and again, the food is different, interesting and very good.

• Visited January 2014

Edgartown, Massachusetts
“Snotty”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The place, food and service was fabulous until we got our main course. I had ordered a black sea bass with a peanut sauce. The flavors were not for me, and I told the waiter. Instead of asking what else I would like.....he started giving me some crap about how much The New York Times loved the dish. The waiter (who was actually the manager) handed me a plate and told me to share my husbands dinner. This place was way too expensive for that type of treatment. We were shocked. I ended up with no main course and really pissed off. When are restaurants going to learn?

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Marsha S
United States
“One of the best meals of my life”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food in this place is AMAZING and I definately qualify in the foodie category. The fish specials were out of this world. Great staff, a must go! Mansion is dated but it doesnt matter.

• Visited December 2013
Santiago, DOM
“Ambience, great food and absolutely fine service”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We are spending New Year's in Savannah. Second time around so wanted to enjoy some local food without the touristy feel on Jan 1st. Chose to go to Elizabeth on 37th. The decision was spot on! The old house is located in the historic town although not near the river, where most of the tourists go. That means you probably want to get a cab there (or drive like we did); it is 5-10 minutes from the river front hotel we were staying at.

The location itself is nice, since it sits in a typical Savannah historic street with lots of big trees and surrounded by old houses (some of them actually creepy at 7:30 PM which seems fitting). The house is very nice, but not overly done or decorated. Just an old house with the feeling of a house. They welcomed us and we were seated in 2 minutes, having our water served. The food was spectacularly unique and local. I had "red rice" with clams, shrimp and spices. My wife had a special flounder dish. My daughters had pork chop and roasted chicken. We all agreed that each plate had unique flavor and excellent taste. Although I was the only one having wine, the sample of Pinot Noir I had was very good as well. And to top it off, desert was absolutely divine.

But what won me over was the service. From the reception, the seating and our server throughout dinner, we felt at home. Our maitre d' explained the specials and options very nicely and even his presence was charming (my daughters made the point of wanting to "hug" him). We actually called on the chef to thank him for the food and our younger Will Smith look-alike server made the experience an enjoyable one.

There are probably other very good dinner experiences in Savannah. This one was great for us so I wanted to share it with you.

It was not cheap, but then the experience wasn't either.

I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank tcxgarcia
Charleston, South Carolina
“Deserves 5 1/2 stars!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

This should be #1 in Savannah, but some quirky things seem to put some people off. For instance, all of the wait staff seems to be ultra professional and friendly, but they share all tasks. For instance, one server may take your order, another will bring the wine, another will serve one course or another, another will pour wine, etc. We love that approach because they are all great. Prior reviews are very complimentary of waiter Kym. We agree, and we were disappointed when Kym did not appear as our first waiter, but wait......Kym was one of several who served our table for two. What impressed us greatly was that everything that we said to one server was communicated (probably on the computer) to all others so that a conversation with Server 3 could be continued with Server 4. It works!

The food is wonderful and truly Lowcountry southern. The menu is very short, and that means that everything gets strong attention in the kitchen. It appears that it is so well known that Elizabeth's is a great restaurant that most people dress very well for dinner there. On our recent visit, most men wore jackets, no t-shirt/jeans outfits, and a generally upscale ambiance unfolded.

Bottom line, move this to the top of your A List.

Visited December 2013