“Amazing food and excellent service”
Review of Sapphire Grill

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Congress & Whitaker
Description: One of the city's most consistently stylish restaurants evokes a low-key, counterculture bistro, but its cuisine is grander and more cutting-edge than its industrial-looking decor and its level of hipness would imply. Wrapped in warm brick and cool steel, the Sapphire Grill has steeped itself in a history of fine culinary tradition. Christopher Nason is the owner and the most talked about chef of the moment in Savannah, preparing what he defines as a "coastal cuisine" based on seafood hauled in on the day of its preparation from nearby waters. From seasonal chanterelles and oregon black truffles, to the most tender cuts of meat and delicate seafood, Chef Nason and his team work feverishly to keep Sapphire at the mark expected of her.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was a most excellent place to spend the evening with friends and family on my birthday. I have always wanted to try this place and I am so happy that I was able to go and have such a good experience. The service by Ernie was excellent. He helped make the night perfect. My husband and I did the chef's tasting. We started with a scallop, then lobster, then a tuna steak, followed by fois gras and chive gelato, lamb shank, and then a chocolate mousse. Everything was perfect; however if I went back I would start with the fois gras appetizer and have the tuna steak for dinner. OMG the fois gras tasted like the fatty part on the steak...amazing! Make a reservation. There are not that many tables but make sure you put this restaurant on your stop to Savannah!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a FABULOUS place. I agree with the positive reviews on Tripadvisor but I really don't understand the negative reviews that I've seen and would question the validity of some of them (rival restaurants perhaps?).

My experience of this place was a most enjoyable one. It started with an excellent recommendation of gin which I'd not had before (a Californian gin called Uncle Val's - try it!). This was followed by food recommendations which were also first class: try the Canoe Marrow and Scallops - simply heavenly flavours. Then I had seared tuna with the some of the most delicious rice that I've ever tasted (in the style of grits, but tastier!). My wife had the Grouper, of which I had a taste - also wonderful. I almost forgot the bread and cheese which preceded the starters: grated cheese with garlic-infused oil and salt encrusted bread - mmmm!

Other positives: service (brilliant - we had the gentleman at the bar, who knew his cocktails and his food); music - not too loud or intrusive - a big plus for conversation (rather than the place we'd walked out of earlier in the evening).

Go there and see for yourself - you'll not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had the best crab cakes and bouillabase. Unlike other southern food, everything was tasty in the light way. We had a great meal.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

this was our 2nd visit in many years, very nice inside looks cool ! we were seated upstairs and our waiter was nice but a little slow coming back to our table . I ordered the 'duck' and asked for med-rare, it came out well! which made it tuff and hard to chew, the grit cake was not good as well, I order duck every where i go and this was not one of the best not even close, my wife had the 'black grouper' was nice piece of fish she liked it, had the 'mussels ' app very good, big portion, didnt order desert , this is a fine dinning place which means it should be great every time with paying the prices they charge, hopefully the chef had a off night,

1  Thank cullinand17
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This highly rated restaurant needs to review their business plan. The $42 steak was terrible, but the server did an excellent job despite the burnt medium rare request. Can't rest on your laurels.

2  Thank GOODGUYNASHVILLE