“What has happened to the Habersham location?”

Hirano's Restaurant & Sushi
Ranked #405 of 883 Restaurants in Savannah
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had looked forward to having lunch here. It was too crowded as customers added tables to chairs and bumped into us getting up and down. Also, the food was not up to Hirano's standards....like it used to be. We got the shrimp special. The shrimp were overdone and the rice was dry. The vegetables were ok. The salad appeared to be wet and the dressing would not stick to it. Unsure if we will go back...we should have complained..but we waited so long for seating and service we felt it would be useless. Several parties got mad as they were sent over to the sushi annex where we ate and were turned away. Apparently the restaurant staff did not communicate...and these stand-offs did not make for a pleasant experience.

There are newer reviews for Hirano's Restaurant & Sushi

Reviewed June 4, 2012

They have the best tasting and best priced sushi and japanese food in Savannah. Quick and friendly service too.

Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Went this past weekend and I must say surprised I was! Looked run down and not very inviting but the food made up for it. Its cheap, good and you get a lot for your money. I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I went to the Hirano's on Abercorn near Savannah Mall. I ordered the shrimp entree with steamed rice. It was so very good. The vegetables are fresh and the shrimp are really wonderful. The tastes combine beautifully. The server was very attentive to us, providing refills before we even realized we needed them. Excellent!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I received a gift certificate as a gift. We fell in love with this place, the food, and the very friendly staff!
The Crunchy Roll and Crispy Rolls are both amazing and the sushi is excellent! And the price is very reasonable. We eat here about once a week.