“DELICIOUS!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Savannah, Georgia
“DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

They have the best tasting and best priced sushi and japanese food in Savannah. Quick and friendly service too.

• Visited June 2012

“Shabby place AWESOME FOOD!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Went this past weekend and I must say surprised I was! Looked run down and not very inviting but the food made up for it. Its cheap, good and you get a lot for your money. I would recommend it to anyone.

Acworth, Georgia
“So very good!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I went to the Hirano's on Abercorn near Savannah Mall. I ordered the shrimp entree with steamed rice. It was so very good. The vegetables are fresh and the shrimp are really wonderful. The tastes combine beautifully. The server was very attentive to us, providing refills before we even realized we needed them. Excellent!

Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I received a gift certificate as a gift. We fell in love with this place, the food, and the very friendly staff!
The Crunchy Roll and Crispy Rolls are both amazing and the sushi is excellent! And the price is very reasonable. We eat here about once a week.

“Favorite little sushi house in Savannah”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I love Hirano's. I've been going to this restaurant for several years, so I think it's only fair that I finally give them a great review. They deserve it. This restaurant is the epitome of value featuring delicious, inventive sushi rolls at awesome prices.

The head sushi chef is excellent, fast and great at what he does. The service is typically pretty efficient despite the hectic atmosphere. When the place gets busy, it can be a bit tricky to get a seat or know who is next in line since they don't have a host/hostess. However, the wait is worth the awesome sushi. The most expensive roll is around $10, and any roll more than $5-$6 is pretty filling. I typically get two rolls and salad, which comes to about $12. The most I spend is about $16 when I'm really hungry.

The tsunami roll and the G5 roll are by far my favorites. The tsunami isn't on the regular menu, but was featured as a special that they still make. It's got smoked salmon, cream cheese and asparagus inside, with a chunk of fresh tuna on top. Filling and delicious for about $8. The G5 is 4 different types of fish and avocado rolled into a huge roll for $6. In my opinion, they also have the best spicy mayo I've ever had, a condiment I request for all my sushi.

The small size and limited seating can be a problem, so it's best to avoid large groups as well as the busiest times of the day. The service is relatively friendly, but again, the lack of host can cause confusion. However, I can't stress how delicious the food is and what a great value it is, which is why I am sticking to an excellent rating. This place is highly recommended!

• Visited July 2011