“The best home cooking restaurant you will ever walk into worth every pennie ....”

Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room
Ranked #4 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Can you say Awesome !!!! Dont let ANYONE say average Food everything is made with lottsa love put into it A must go to place !!,,

2  Thank foodtruck
Write a ReviewReviews (4,369)

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We met some great people in line. Got seated and immediately passing food around the table. Many choices but the only things that I really enjoyed was the Mac and cheese and collards. I thought the food was overcooked. I felt like we got to fill our plate and they came around with small dessert cups, I was last to choose and only had pudding left. As soon as dessert was served we were told to take our plates to the kitchen. They was no time to socialize or enjoy the meal. I did not feel it was worth $18.00. We went to a place in Nashville called Monells at the Manor. Same idea but we were welcomed in, served excellent food, and encouraged to relax and talk to the people around you.

3  Thank chocaluvr
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was so thankful that we were in Savannah on a week day as I had no idea that this place was only open Mon-Friday. We were advised to arrive early, they open at 11 but we were in line by 10:15 and I was glad we were as there were already people there. Since we lined up so early we were the first table seated. When you walk into the room it looks like you're eating in someone's dining room and you're seated at a table for 10 so be prepared to eat with strangers. They already had 23 side dishes on the table so we began passing the bowls around and I couldn't find one thing I didn't like. Then came the fried chicken which was truly the best I have ever eaten. To top it off we had a choice of banana pudding or peach cobbler. At only $18 a person for all that food we felt like we were stealing. You definitely need to come hungry to this place but it is so worth the line!

1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Every dish I tried here was great!!! The fried chicken was the best I've ever eaten, and the veggies were great, too!!! I will DEFINITELY be going back when I return to Savannah!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This place is a gem! Food is served family style around large tables sitting 8-10 people..so get friendly with the people standing in line with you..you'll probably be having lunch w/them. Mrs Wiles is open 11am-2p & there is ALWAYS a line to get in. But its worth the wait & moves reasonably quickly. We went at 1:30, thinking the prime lunch crowd would be gone. It wasn't, but our wait was only 25 mins. The food is southern comfort food...& all you can eat of it. When you sit down everything is already on the table, hot & waiting for you. There are no menus at Mrs Wilkes! Even though we tried not to get "crazy", we still ate so much that dinner was not even a consideration.