“Nice!!”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been wanting to visit Mrs. Wilkes Restaurant for awhile. Every time I had a chance they were either closed for the day or it was closed for vacation. Finally I got the chance on my way to a reunion. The line was a long wait ( about an hour and half). But the guests that had been before convinced us to stay because it was worth the wait. I am glad I did, met some nice people in the line, the staff was friendly and the food was good. As we were seated the food was already on the table waiting so we didn't have to wait for food after the long wait in line. There was more food than you could possibly eat. The variety was excellent, the sweet tea was some of the best I've tasted. I felt like I was back in old times when the families use to get together and have a feast. It wasn't my grandma's cooking but very close to it! I will definitely go back. The only problem I see is if it is raining or a very hot day the waiting in line outside can be very bad.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,250)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were planning on going to SC after eating here. We were so full from all of the scrumptious food that we had to walk around Savannah after we ate. The food and service is top notch and this should be on everyones list to do in Savannah.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Everyone loves this place... so we tried it. We were the 2nd group to go in but you need to plan on waiting at least an hour in line.

The experience is nice. The food is definitely southern, serve yourself, stuff your face, you won't leave hungry! :) The menu is online and almost the same daily. YOU HAVE TO PAY CASH or check! SOme people didn't know that and it's not on the website.

One downside, they only let us eat for 30 minutes and they started taking food away. I was at a table of 8 and some people were not done eating and the lady kept grabbing bowls.

The little old man you pay at the door is very polite.

2  Thank kristychartier
Reviewed June 12, 2013

You can expect to wait in line at least an hour..But, it is well worth the wait!! We counted 23 different dishes to choose from which are served family style and it was delicious!! Very reasonably priced..

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We came on a trip in 1994, fell in love with savannah Mrs. Wilkes ,standing in line is part of the price you pay foe great food and fellowship with other people on a trip. alway good food and help staff.