“More authentic than a chain and more affordable than authentic”

Bella's Italian Cafe
Ranked #58 of 910 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We can host large parties of 50 or fewer in our private dining room.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is our go to date place! The bread sticks are sinful because they are basically unsugared donut sticks (fried bread). They come with a delicious herbed cheese to spread on the stick and marinara sauce to dip it in. The salad is fresh and flavorful but I suggest getting the salad dressing on the side, otherwise you end up with soup. The house salad dressing is very good so be sure to try it (on the side). I always have the spinach and artichoke stuffed shells or the pizza margherita. Both are amazingly delicous. My husband always has the cannelloni. We've been here a couple dozen times and still can't bring ourselves to try something else because these dishes are so delicous! Check out the menu on their website, because the one on the tripadvisor link is wrong. I took a friend here and she was blown away by the individual flavors of the stuffed shells, the yummy bread sticks and the tastey salad (she only eats at italian chain restaurants so she didn't know what she was missing until I brought her to Bellas!)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been to Bella's with a group from work, and couldn't wait to come back to town and take my wife there.
The food was excellent, the service very good, and the atmosphere comfortable and intimate.
Be sure to have one of their little pitchers of Sangria while you're there.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This small cafe located away from the hustle and bussle of downtown Savannah provided a pleasent experience. The staff was very pleasant. The atmosphere was very family friendly. My two friends from college and I shared a meal here on our recent 14 year reunion in my new home, Savannah. The menu reflected a number of selections and the actually plates providing hearty servings. The breadsticks seemed to be a hit. They were a unique fried breadstick. Most plates seemed to be covered in cheese and sauce. Not necessarily something I'm a fan of but by the atmosphere in the place, I was not in the majority :) I'll keep it in mind for future visitors for the good service and atmosphere alone.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Bella’s is about three miles south of the river in a strip shopping center with plenty of parking. Nice décor and outstanding service. Just don’t fill up on the soft breadsticks before your main course. Wife had the chicken parm and I had the pasta special with Italian sausage. Parm was juicy, not dried out and sausage special was enough for two people. Gets four out of five stars because most Italian is a little prosaic if not done with flair. Did I mention the breadsticks?

1  Thank FtLewis
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had a great dinner at Bella's last night. The atmosphere is nice and cozy, without feeling like you're sitting in the dark. The selection is good, solid food. Unique enough to set it apart from your generic Italian style places, but without the frills and pretension of other, "fancier" places. Appropriate for family, friends, or something more romantic. Decent enough wine list, with hardly anything that will break your wallet in half.

The service was terrific, and had no problem with refilling our basket of bread. The bread itself was amazing: somewhere between a soft breadstick and a funnel cake. The secret ingredient, I can only assume, is crack. Seriously, we ate at least a dozen of them.

Had a really good time--will visit again.

2  Thank southernconcierge