“Dog Friendly in Southside”
Review of Toucan Cafe - CLOSED

Toucan Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Toucan Cafe is the inspiration and hard work of Steve Magulias and his wife Nancy. Their dedication to the creation of incredible dishes and a unique environment began in a tiny restaurant on Eisenhower. Our extensive menu includes Greek salad with Jerk Chicken, Salmon Sandwich, , black bean burger, blackened tilapia tacos, tomato dill soup, black and bleu ribeye steak, Moroccan salmon and a variety of vegetarian dishes. Full bar and a nice selection of wines. We also feature a private room that seats up to 18 . It is ideal for business meetings, baby showers or private events of any kind. If you love honest, high quality food, a warm environment and friendly service, come check out Toucan Cafe today. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed August 20, 2014

First off, I should mention that the food here is great. The menu has a general Mediterranean theme to it, but nothing on there seemed particularly complex. That being said, everything we've tried was executed perfectly. Lots of great flavors coming through.

Because we had one of the two puppies with us we weren't sure if they'd be able to accommodate us, but they did. They only have one table now, but with a plan to add more in time. They set their one outdoor table and large umbrella up for us, and we had a great time. Lots of water and love for the pup. And Lise took excellent care of all of us.

We are looking forward to coming back here for dinner in the future. And if they finally do build the covered patio that they're talking about, this would be an ideal destination for post-Daffin Dog Park days.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Thanks to "SIRI" on my iphone (requested seafood restaurants in Savannah), we discovered this wonderful restaurant ! My wife and I loved the ambiance, the service, and the food was outstanding ! We dropped in with no reservation during the lunch hour, and were seated within 10 minutes ! We will definitely return to try other selections.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have dined at Toucan Cafe numerous times. The food is always great and the service level rivals the best of Savannah restaurants. A great place for both family and friends.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Wow - This was a Gem of a find. Last minute dinner reservations for a table of 8 business associates. We had a really fantastic meal and great service. The attention to detail and the combinations of flavors were delicious. I will be back!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was visiting Savannah for a weekend conference and had a free night to have dinner out on the town. A friend suggested Toucan Cafe but hadn't been there since they had changed locations, so we went to eat there together along with some other friends. It is kinda tucked away but worth the drive to get there! The staff was very friendly and greeted us as soon as we walked in. The inside is so colorful and very lively. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and took time to tell us how almost everything is made from scratch and even recommended several items on the menu that were his personal favorites. I finally decided on the Grilled Corvina and it was very delicious! I’ve never had Corvina before but I think it is my new favorite fish! My friends had the Seafood Risotto and the Black & Blue Ribeye Steak. I tried their food as well and it was all so good! Somehow we even managed to save room for dessert and we split the cheesecake, very good! I have already told many people about the Toucan Café and I hope to eat there again the next time I am in Savannah! I put some pictures in my marketing blog /beccasblog.com/fitbloggin14-in-savannah/