“Nice Little Cafe, Cappuccino pie to die for!!”
Review of Toucan Cafe - CLOSED

Toucan Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Toucan Cafe is the inspiration and hard work of Steve Magulias and his wife Nancy. Their dedication to the creation of incredible dishes and a unique environment began in a tiny restaurant on Eisenhower. Our extensive menu includes Greek salad with Jerk Chicken, Salmon Sandwich, , black bean burger, blackened tilapia tacos, tomato dill soup, black and bleu ribeye steak, Moroccan salmon and a variety of vegetarian dishes. Full bar and a nice selection of wines. We also feature a private room that seats up to 18 . It is ideal for business meetings, baby showers or private events of any kind. If you love honest, high quality food, a warm environment and friendly service, come check out Toucan Cafe today. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was my husbands turn to pick a spot for dinner on date night. We actively avoid chain restaurants and love going local. So glad he found Toucan on Tripadvisor! Its a nice little cafe with a smaller menu but a good variety of options, so something for everyone. The owner greeted us when we came in, had excellent service from the first moment to the last. My husband had the ribeye and claimed it was excellently tender and perfectly cooked, "quite tasty!" I had the bourbon salmon and it was very good as well, loved the touch of sweet potatoes that were served with it too. I also got the frozen cappuccino pie for dessert - and feel like the last 3 years in Savannah have been wasted not knowing that this existed!! I'll be dragging my girlfriends in within the next week just for the dessert! We really liked little Toucan, and will be back for sure!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been to Toucan on several different occasions. The food is hit or miss. Sometimes a dish comes out and there doesn't seem to be any focus on the plating and falvor combos. In general the soups, salads and sandwiched are tasty and fresh. I have tried two different specials and just wasn't impressed. The service is friendly, on occasion slow, but overall it is a friendly place with a nice vibe. I almost want it to call it a classy diner — in a completely positive way. It is a place I feel good about getting something tasty, prepared well and affordable on a weekday evening or lunch.
I have a had a couple of chipped plates and seen some poor presentation making it less of a "treat yourself" night out dinner spot or date place.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Good wine wine list, reasonably priced, efficient wait staff. Feta chicken with spinach to die for. Greek burger excellent. Nice atmosphere. Go.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Toucan Café claims to offer “food with a flair,” and dinner at this establishment certainly lives up to this claim! The friendly, relaxed environment of this restaurant enhances the excellent service and delectable food offerings. I had enjoyed lunch with friends at this eatery a number of times, but this was my first evening dining experience here. My husband Dick was a total newbie to the Toucan!
We first enjoyed a tasty appetizer of shrimp and grits . . . quite delicious! We have tried the shrimp and grits – one of our favorites - at most of the leading Savannah eating establishments, and this offering was second to none. While enjoying the appetizer, I paused for a sip of the lightly-sweetened iced tea complete with a spring of fresh mint. So refreshing during the hot, humid Savannah summertime! Enough about the beginnings, the entrees – all culinary delights - were about to steal the show!
Always the seafood lover, I ordered the Lemon Parmesan Flounder, an excellent choice. The hearty serving of lightly-breaded flounder was served with two-spiced potatoes, asparagus, red pepper relish, and lemon-caper buerre blanc. Everything was cooked to perfection and seasoned appropriately for my taste. Think it can’t get any better? According to my husband, his Black & Bleu Ribeye Steak was the number one choice on the menu. The steak, lightly blackened and served with melted blue cheese, parmesan roasted red potatoes, and julienne house vegetables, all drizzled with a balsamic reduction, was one of the best he had eaten in Savannah. Did I mention that the steak was cooked just the “right” way – the way that he had ordered it? The chef truly outdid himself with this mouth-watering item and all of the accompaniments!
Last, but not least, came the desserts! Every one of them looked delightful, but two special ones - the unique Sweet Potato Cheesecake and the frosty, decadent Cappuccino Pie - caught my attention immediately. Both were absolutely delicious! Dick and I finished the meal with cups of after-dinner coffee . . . completely satisfied!
I would definitely recommend the Toucan Café for your dining enjoyment. Dick and I plan to return in the near future so that we can try the other items on the menu that caught our eye. Dinner at the Toucan Café is such a pleasant experience due to the combination of great service and outstanding cuisine in an invigorating atmosphere!

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We ate here our first night in town and went back again. Casual but upscale and not overpriced. The location is central, midtown, and an obvious choice of locals. Loved the decor.