“Great Food--Service needs improving”

Chive Sea Bar & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 883 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Inspired by the decadence of the 1920s, Chive Sea Bar & Lounge offers a unique dining affair in Savannah's Historic District. Located on bustling Broughton Street, Chive is a refreshing change of pace for those seeking an intimate experience like no other, for special occasions or a weekday wind down. Our signature vintage cocktails made with top-shelf favorites are perfectly paired with dishes incomparable to any fare served downtown. Chive Sea Bar & Lounge is the ideal place for the Southern pace, bringing the classic to the contemporary.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a second visit to Chive, with the first being for dinner with friends. This time around, it was lunch. This new addition to the downtown restaurant scene is inviting and unique. We chose selections off the luncheon specials menu, including a shrimp Caesar and red snapper with mushroom risotto, both of which were nicely prepared and well presented. Our only complaint was the long wait to be served, which seemed unreasonable as the restaurant was not particularly crowded.

When leaving the restaurant, I encountered a friend entering with a group. Today I learned that they all enjoyed their lunches, but they too felt the service was lacking when it came to the long wait to receive their lunches. Chive needs to get up to speed and deliver more timely service. The food, atmosphere, and wait staff are first rate, but the wait time is a negative. We found this to be the case when we dined a month ago with friends for dinner.

Coralandshoes45, Owner at Chive Sea Bar & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are always reevaluating our performance at Chive so that we make timely, needed improvements. Our sincerest apologies for your long wait and delayed service. Your review has identified an issue which we hope to fix before your next visit to Chive. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have your business again soon.

There are newer reviews for Chive Sea Bar & Lounge

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

The sparkling silver & blue caught our eye. Glad we stopped in for a late evening drink. The bartender was friendly & the atmosphere very calm & elegant. David Bromstad could draw inspiration here.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your positive response and hope to have your business at Chive again soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our entire experience at Chive was outstanding!
I have eaten in restaurants all over the country, most of them fine dining/ white tablecloth. This restaurant, in the heart of Savannah, was a unique find. The décor is quite modern and elegant with a delightful vibe that is fresh and energetic.
My food was definitely one of the best lunches I have ever had! I started with the sweet potato/lobster soup. It was SO delicious and there were huge chunks of lobster throughout. I had the snapper risotto for my main dish and it was a perfect balance of flavor and texture. The fish was cooked perfectly, the risotto was a perfect contrast.
For dessert, we had a tuxedo dessert that was delicious.
Overall, the entire experience was stellar. I definitely look forward to going back!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We are travelling around the south at the moment and stayed in Savannah for a few nights. We are visiting from Ireland.
If you like good food, cooked beautifully with an Asian vibe don't pass this lovely restaurant.
We liked it so much we ate there twice in four days. Mainly because there were so many great options that we couldn't try (all) on our first visit, so, we went again. No reservation required. Turn up and if they don't have a table sit at the great counter and have a cocktail /drink. Great staff, very friendly, besides being very attractive too.
We choose to sit outside to people watch. The servers never forgot us all night. Great service. Jazz on Saturday nights.
What's great : well we liked the idea of being able to order small /large portions for the entree. The small worked beautifully for us. It's the same as our main portions at home. Starters, there's a raw section, a Ding menu, where u may have Duck, Quail, Sea bass etc. I had Quail. Stunning. Seared on the pan(having been marinated) finished under the grill. Succulent. My main was Beef carpaccio on a seaweed base. The flavours!! My husband had Buffalo steak and said it was succulent and juicy. Cooked to order . Second night I had the Crab cake and he had Duck. All great. The bill for second night was approx 90 dollars tip extra. We hadpre dinner drinks, plus a glass each of wine. So for us this was very good. I really recommend this restaurant. Fine, fine food. Which is what it's all about. Enjoy.

1  Thank RealFoodIreland
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was there yesterday to celebrate my birthday with my girlfriend for my early lunch and we decided to go to Chives. It was very cute and upbeat in the place. Our server was AMAZING. I think her name was Hanna or Anna...but she was awesome! Before even coming down to Savannah I looked up best Asian restaurants in Savannah because I know I have to get my fixings. Sometimes when cities say they have the greatest Asian foods, 6 times out of 10 they are wrong. Food is upscale and amazing. I know good food when I taste it. Not a lot of restaurants will do beef capaccio because its an unfamiliar dish in a small town. But man was Chives bold. One of the best capaccio I have ever eaten in my life. My girlfriend ordered the striped bass over orzo and I ordered the duck served with truffled shitake mushrooms. OMG when I say that's the best fish I ever tasted and the best duck I ever had I MEAN IT!! Kudos to them, best birthday lunch ever. Savannah's food scene has changed because of this particular Asian family invaded Savannah! Best trip also. Visit them, they are the best at what they do.