“WHAT A RIPOFF!”

$33.00*
and up
Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We feel as we have been ripped off. Our concierge in our hotel recommended this tour. What a waste - I want my money back. We could not understand our guide - the stories she told were bad and not even related to one another or even about ghosts. They weren't interesting at all.
We went to a place that was supposed to have been a site of a triple murder years ago. Devices were handed out that would supposedly detect paranormal activity. There were 8 of these devices for 22 people - we were told to buddy up - there were people from all over the US. How were we supposed to buddy up? Absolutely one of the worst things we have ever done. What my wife and I got out of this - laughs about how bad it was and a lot of head-shaking.

All reviews
"ghost"
in 40 reviews
"gordon"

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our guide Don did a great job, and was very dramatic, but could have been more in depth with the story telling. I thought the Gribble house was the most interesting, but did not find out until after the tour that the original house was demolished. We were just told that the house backed up to the other houses on the city block. It was just a little confusing as to the progression of time, etc. Was the block empty for a while? Was there a fear to build there? What is the warehouse used for now? Is it just a tourist attraction or does it serve a function for the Trolley company? I would have taken more video and pictures there if I thought I could have captured a ghostly image. The props that were used in the warehouse... Was that where the actual murders took place in the front corner? I would have thought they could have touched on the story with the props and drawn out chalk lines in the warehouse with the approximate locations where they found the dead bodies.
Also, we just drove by the cemetery. I would have loved to have stopped there and walked around a little even if would could not go inside the gates. I think this would have added another level to the ghost stories.
The trolley was running a little late due to some unusual circumstances. I thought the staff (Joseph) did a great job communicating to the people that were waiting.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We pre-purchased our tickets since we were in Savannah the weekend before halloween and thought ghost tours might be very popular. I wish we had waited and taken advice from hotel staff on which tour to schedule, since this one was terrible. The young lady who was our guide for the evening was very charming and friendly and spent time getting to know guests before we got started; however, she was not a good teller of ghost tales. She was stuck with a totally lame script, but she made it weaker by talking fast and at a level that could not be heard as we went over the cobblestone streets. The two stops were...disappointing to say the least, but at least at the second one (both were totally bogus in terms of set-up) the male actor was a better story teller so it was more interesting. Strongly recommend against this tour!!!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ugh! Lame - lame - lame
Do not waste your money on this tour. It ranged from just plain silly to totally boring and contrived. I think the Oglethorpe ghost tour would have been a better bet given how great their daytime guide was.