“Least Scary Thing I've Ever Done”

Old Town Trolley's Ghosts & Gravestones
Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah
Akron, OH
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Least Scary Thing I've Ever Done”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

On a recent short trip to Savannah, my friends and I bought the full day trolley ticket, plus the Ghosts and Graveyards trolley tour (which was nearly same price for an hour as the full day trolley tour - I think $27?). The Ghost and Graveyard tour advertises that it takes you to three locations: Graveyard, a house where triple murder took place, and a Chandlery(sp?) (in pirate times I guess it was sort of a five and dime mini mart supply store kind of thing).

Definitely not worth the money:

**Graveyard visit was basically driving past it on way to first stop, with information from day tour repeated about the graveyard (not much).

**House where triple murder occurred - guess what? NOT A HOUSE, rather a warehouse owned by the Trolley Company that happens to stand on the same block where a house used to be where a triple murder occurred 80 years ago. The warehouse is completely dark and empty except one corner where dim spotlights light up foam board posters showing the newspaper headlines from when the murder occurred. A brief recounting of the story, and a guarantee that the trolley company has documented NUMEROUS supernatural occurrences in the warehouse, is followed by trolley guests being invited to wander around the warehouse and take pictures (to pick up spirit activity) and use EMF meters supplied by trolley company).

**Finally the chandlery - a building which trolley company appears to also own, filled with lots of stuff to make it look like a thrift/supply sort of store, escorted into a room where you sit down and spend most of the tour time in the dark with an old scrappy pirate looking guy telling stories (about what I'm not certain as I couldn't understand most of what he said).

On the bright side:
**It was nice seeing Savannah in the dark (houses and buildings lit up)
**The narrator/guide was totally hilarious and an awesome story teller - she did narrate the whole drive and told various Savannah ghost stories along the way
**We heard a few different things about city/places we passed on the drive that we had not heard during day trolley tour

On the down side:
**It was basically same price as full day trolley (and ghost tour round trip lasted about one hour and 10 minutes).
**Even though I didn't expect a full on paranormal experience, I did expect more than a trip to Old Trown Trolley's warehouse for the price.

I definitely wish I had spent my money on something else! Day trolley was great though (that's in another review!)

Visited August 2013

McDonough, Georgia
“Good way to spend a couple hours”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Ruth did a good job telling the ghost stories and "haunted" history. Overall not really all that exciting but not a bad way to waste a couple hours.

Visited September 2013
Greenville, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was fun, Dave was a great guide”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our guide was VERY good. It was a nice night. We went on the 9pm tour and was picked up at our motel. It was the stops that could have been better. The two stops where we could go in were ok. The first was a basement in a pub but it was so small ,with so many people down there it was hard to move.It was dressed up like a Halloween spook house so it was kind of cheesy . But the stories and the drive around Savannah was great.

Visited July 2013
Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“This is NOT a ghost tour of Savannah”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We were sold on this by the guy at the booth on the river. We thought we were going on a trolley tour of the city and into two actual haunted sites. The trolley tour through town was informative although the first story was about a restaurant and the lady said it was an advertisement. The first of two "haunted" stops was the tour company's warehouse. What a crock. The second stop was a warehouse on River street that was actually a theatrical. We didn't even get back on the trolley after that. What a waste. If you want to go on a haunted tour of Savannah don't go on this tour.

Visited July 2013
Cridersville Ohio
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Mabe A Good Show For $10 bucks But It Cost Alot More”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Go to any other Ghost tour but this one. The Hotel recommended this one, I think they were having a bad day, Very cheesy. Maybe good entertainment for any one under 10 years old. I think we paid over 55 bucks for the two of us and all the guy did was talk and then they put on crappy shows. I take a walking tour they are much better

Visited June 2013