“This is the place!”

Ranked #63 of 887 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Nestled in the heart of the Historic District between The Lucas & Trustees Theaters.
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Whenever we visit a new city we find one restaurant that the whole family agrees on, and for us in Savannah this is that restaurant. We had lunch here today and everyone loved their meals, and immediately started talking about what they were going to order next time. There were so many things on the menu that we wanted to try. We had the chicken salad sandwich, pimento cheese Panini, chopped turkey and Apple salad, and the cheddar bacon Panini. The hard pear cider was also good.

2  Thank seethesightsUSA

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Ran across this place by accident while touring Savannah. It looked a little funky but we decided to give it a try. Interesting sandwiches and salads on the menu, all made with either homemade or fresh ingredients. I had the club sandwich on homemade wheat bread with a side of tomato florentine soup. The fresh bread was exceptional - thick, soft, and tasty. Meats and cheese were good too. Soup was heavenly - obviously not from a can! Bits of tomato and lots of goodies included. Others in our party had salads and different soups - there were raves all around. Service was a little inconsistent, but no matter - the food was the star, and it shone brightly.

2  Thank Gatoric
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This little hole in the wall joint was a stumbled upon find. We had been walking the various historic district squares all day and were very hungry and tired. We saw the menu outside the door and thought sounds good lets try. SO glad we went in. The place was small but had seats at the window and tables around the center with some seating outside too. We sat by the window so we could people watch as it is right in the heart of the district. Our server took our drink orders right away and came back to get our lunch order very soon after. I had the District Reuben and my husband had the Grilled Cheese sandwich of the month. Both were very good and fresh. The pretzel buns made the sandwich unique and added to the tasty texture. The flavors were absolutely amazing and the salt and pepper chips added a nice touch. So glad we found this place and would go again for sure. They had soups, salads, and sandwiches that seemed to have a rotation on a monthly basis. Recommend you stop by if you are in the area for sure!

2  Thank naviwife
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Hot ham and cheese, soft drink and a cappuccino $13+
Sandwich was ok, cheese was very good, ham was too except for the multiple pieces of gristle, had to spit those out. Bread was good, just too much of it and my cappuccino was served in a paper cup. Waitress told me all the cups were dirty. I would not of ordered if Id known it would be served in paper.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place for lunch (and to wait out an imminent rain storm) when we stumbled upon the district cafe. It had an interesting appeal to it so we sat down - I'm so glad we did! The food was outstanding and the service was great. I had a Greek salad and my wife had the district chopped salad (customized to her gluten free needs). A nice vibe with music playing in the background. An all around pleasant lunch at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Paul K