“Takeout”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a delicious and quick takeout option after a long day of traveling. Olivia's fit the bill though I was a little apprehensive given that not a single person was in the restaurant. The calamari salad and gnocchi with veggies were both fantastic and filling!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Nice atmosphere; larger than it looks, as the top floor, where the restrooms are, really make it a large restaurant. Good and varied menu of Italian food. The server was very nice and attentive. We were served our breadsticks (yum) very fast and salads served reasonably. However, we finally realized the table in front of us were finished with their food & got there way after we did. We later learned that they had complained of the slow service and received their food. When we finally got it, the food was good, not great, and a little on the cool side. It was a very busy weekend & I think they were not quite prepared for the crowd. I would try it again 1 more time.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I had great hopes for this restaurant but was a little disappointed. Super waitress but the cooks let her down. Two of us ordered the grouper and while the pasta and asparagus were perfect, the fish was over cooked and dry. I'll try them again as I feel this place has potential.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews as we were outside checking out their menu. We were almost going to leave because we did not see any customers inside. A local was passing by and overheard us talking and told us the oliva was a new restaurant and he loved it. On his recommendation we tried it. We sat upstairs and realized that was where the customers were dinning and it was not empty as we thought. I must say thank you to the local, he was so right! Everything from the service, to the wine, and the food was spectacular. Our server was friendly, professional and helpful in making our selection. I had mussells as an app and create your own pasta with shrimp in a garlic and oil as my entree. My compliments to the chef. The pasta was homemade and it was cooked to perfection. My husband had the scallops wraped in prosciutto which was excellent. They made beef tips as an app for him also melt in your mouth tender and delicious. Our ceasar salads were not your typical thrown together ceasar salads and we truly enjoyed them. We did not feel rushed through our dinner and enjoyed the atmosphere. This restaurant is top notch and I highly recommend giving it a try! The night before we ate at a restaurant filled with patrons and was not overjoyed with the food or service. So don't judge a book by its cover. We had one of the best meals at the Oliva while visiting Savannah!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Savannah, GA is not known for Italian cuisine, but Olivia Restaurant could challenge that notion. Open since May, 2012, this small café less than a block off Bay Street offered a refreshing lunch for 4 business colleagues (after finding that two other places did not serve lunch despite their website). After a tasty meat and cheese antipasto platter, 3 of the 4 had Panini sandwiches with side salads. The made to order sandwiches were very good (not soggy or overcooked). The 4th had mushroom lasagna which he seemed to thoroughly enjoy. The portions were reasonable. The restaurant features seating on two levels plus a private room. Lunch entrees were in the range of $8-15. I look forward to returning for dinner some time.