“An enjoyable meal with good vegetarian options!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Oliva Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
london, uk
“An enjoyable meal with good vegetarian options!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stumbled aross Oliva as we were struggling to find a restaurant that catered for vegetarians in Savannah. So many places we called from our B&B said they only had one or two veggie appetisers, or they could prepare something special for us on arrival, not exactly what we were hoping for. So imagine our surprise,when perusing the menu at Oliva,to find a vegetarian section comprising 5 or 6 dishes, alongside a number of vegetarian appetisers.
We shared the appetiser of zucchini fritters, very tasty.
For mains we had a ravioli and a pear, walnut and sheep cheese salad. Both well presented, generously portioned and most enjoyable.
We passed on dessert as we had already eaten enough.
There was a good all-Italian wine list. We chose a very plesant Pinot Noir from the Veneto region.
Service was excellent, extremely attentive and friendly.
I would certainly recommend this restaurant. It offers good food at very reasonable prices.

Montgomery
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband surprised me for our 8th wedding anniversary by taking me to Oliva's. I had never even heard of the restaurant, but my husband was very familiar as he is the regular UPS delivery guy at the eatery. I was immediately blown away. The black tablecloths, dark hardwood, black walls...I was in love! You can eat downstairs where u can watch the chef prepare your food or upstairs by the bar. We chose upstairs where we dined on lemon ouzo pasta & beef tenderloin. It was fabulous! We will definitely be back (maybe even with the kids)!
Artinique T.

Savannah, Georgia
“Hope they improve soon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The complimentary bread and olive oil starter was terrible and unfortunately that set the stage for what followed. Food was average at best. The menu was confusing since we thought it was an Italian / Spanish restaurant. Service was great but not much the servers can do about the quality of the food served. We sure hope they improve soon !

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Richmond Hill, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“mushroom lasagna amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

we really enjoyed meal at Oliva last night. this was our first visit as locals; we were seated on 2nd floor, pleasant and not overly noisy as the large river street brick restaurant rooms can be. very attentive,knowledgeable wait staff. we had the meat and cheese appitizer, it was great with our wine..do ask for extra table bread as it appitizer comes plain: servers happy to provide. my husband had lamb pasta dish which he enjoyed with very nice fresh baby green salad. i had mushroom lasagna which was amazing. the portion was large, cheesy and full of flavor. i cant recommend it enough for mushroom lovers!! had great time, we will be back. good job oliva.

Savannah, GA
“Simple and well-done: A very good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

As a "foodie" who directs culinary tours of Europe, I am not impressed often. Tonight I stopped into this new eatery for the first time. Their gnocchi with sausage and vodka sauce was simply outstanding. The gnocchi was clearly home-made and fresh. Perfect combination of flavors and not overly-done - so often a problem in the U.S. Reminds me very much of a few great restaurants I visit in Tuscany, While the Caprese salad had a bit too much pepper (it shouldn't really have any), that was a small glitch in an otherwise perfect meal. The bread was fresh, salads were simple (in a good way) and tasty, and bruschetta worthy of any Italian's Sunday afternoon table with Nonna, The tiramisu was one of the best I have ever had outside Italy. The ricotta cheesecake was quintessentially Italian; not overly creamy or sweet, it actually tasted like ricotta! All of that came together with a very attentive, professional, and delightful server. For those tired of pseudo-Italian restaurants, this is one place that does Italian right.