“Ok”

22 Square Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Square Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 901 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bryan
Description: 22 Square Restaurant and Bar, located inside the Andaz Hotel, partners with local farmers and responsible suppliers to support and energize our community. Chef Chris Cummer and his culinary team offer fresh, contemporary spins on Southern classics. Whether it's sourcing shrimp right off the Georgia coast or preparing the daily bread on site, thoughtful and sustainable sourcing is at the forefront of our mission. By dining with us, we invite you to join our thriving community of farmers, chefs, and diners that make Savannah a food and beverage destination.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

There were too many people crammed together in the dining room and the server forgot to bring part of the food order. We waited an hour after asking about it a few times and they did finally bring it and deduct it off of the bill, but that was not pleasant waiting. Also, they seated us in the middle with kids in these very tall bar chairs. Not very family friendly. Staff was nice, despite the lack of food.

Matt G, General Manager at 22 Square Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

LChristinet, I am really sorry that you were uncomfortable in the dining room and waited so long for your food. I appreciate you giving us your business and sorry we let you down. Thank you for letting us know so we can try to do better, all the best, Matt

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had dinner @ 22SQ for the 1st time with some colleagues last night. The entire experience was superb. The food was OMG delicious! I had their very unique style low country boil and a trio of appetizers for the table. This was the best restaurant experience I have had this year. I am definitely going back and bringing family with me!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I'm a fan of farm to fork and this place was wonderful. Excellent selection of local, in season fruits and vegetables. Even better selection of house made breads and sausages. If you are a sausage lover, I encourage you to try their in-house made sausages. Very affordable. I had a salad and small plate for $22/dinner.

If you are in a rush, this is not the place to go. They encourage mingling over meals, drinking, and enjoying conversation. Wonderful atmosphere with a view of the square. Don't think there is a bad seat in the house.

Hope to visit again when I am in the area on business.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for something different to do fir dinner. Being locals we didn't want to do the same old thing. 22 Square is anything but. Based on farm to table with local products we were delighted by the fantastic service, food and very reasonable price. We will return in the near future to try some of the other entrees. A very definite recommendation.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was blown away by how delicious our meal was! It was obvious how much thought went into each dish. Every componant of the dish tasted wonderful on its own, but together it was amazing. What drew me to the restaurant is that it was farm to table fare with all ingredients from local farms. The menu is set up in a way that it features the farm that the particular ingredient came from and then offers three different preparations of the item. The fresh baked bread with pickled green beans great. This was my first time trying a pickled green bean and I definalty want more of them! The cheese course featured locally made cheeses with fruit preserves that are made in house each day. I tried the pan roasted chicken breast with hen of the woods mushroom risotto and roasted vegetables. It was perfect! The wine list also had a lot to offer. This was definately the best meal I had in Savannah. the atmosphere of the restaurant was modern and chic, the staff provided great service. I can't wait to come back!