“This Spot is Great/Simple/Creative”

22 Square Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Square Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 908 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bryan
Description: 22 Square Restaurant and Bar, located inside the Andaz Hotel, partners with local farmers and responsible suppliers to support and energize our community. Chef Chris Cummer and his culinary team offer fresh, contemporary spins on Southern classics. Whether it's sourcing shrimp right off the Georgia coast or preparing the daily bread on site, thoughtful and sustainable sourcing is at the forefront of our mission. By dining with us, we invite you to join our thriving community of farmers, chefs, and diners that make Savannah a food and beverage destination.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

When in Savannah on business monthly, there are a lot of good restaurants to choose. I have eaten at SQ 22 4 times and never had a bad meal or app. This restaurant is located in the Andaz Hotel right off the Square. For the life of me I do not know why this spot isn't a;ways packed. it must be because it is in a hotel. But, what better property to have the best equipment and one of the cleanest kitchens I have seen.

I had the special which was a catfish with wonderful sauce and vegetables from the garden. This is a farm to table restaurant with a simple but very creative menu. I could eat here every week.
The wine list is very nice and service is always a 10.

Next time in Savannah on business or pleasure , you must try SQ 22. It is one of the best restaurants I have visited anywhere in the US.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We did not eat here but had several craft cocktails. Phenomenal is what comes to mind. Scott specifically is so knowledgable and truly a crafts man. I took the Bourbon Trail tour and could not find a decent mint julep. Here I am in Savannah and seriously one of the best I have ever had. Don't mis this one. We also stayed at the hotel which is great too!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My 6 girlfriends and I had a fabulous dinner at 22 Square on July 15, 2013. I've found that service for groups is often somewhat lacking - it is expected - but we had no such experience at 22 Square. We had a very attentive waiter, the floor manager was vigilant, the busboy kept our water glasses full, and the chef came over to introduce herself and explain her mission with this new restaurant. They source all their food locally (within 100 miles) and partner with other local vendors, from farms to chocolatiers, to provide the very best, freshest food. It pays off.
I had the tuna carpaccio for a starter and the vegetable tart for my entree, both of which were excellent. The warm rolls were so delicious I had to push away the basket. We were delighted to be surprised with a wonderful melon appetizer - for each of us! - as a gift from the chef. Don't expect it - we certainly didn't - maybe because it was a slow night? Whatever, it was an extra nice way to start the meal. I won't even tell you about our desserts, because I don't want to raise your expectations to astronomical levels. Let's just say the chef knows her stuff. After all this raving, I do need to say we were disappointed in the rum drinks. I don't know if it was the rum they used or if the recipes were just different, but one drink was sent back, and I wanted to send mine back, but I didn't, as it was a drink I hadn't tried before, so I didn't know what it was supposed to taste like. Anyway, that was the one tiny exception to our fabulous dinner.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

22 Square no doubt has a great view of one of Savannah's reclaimed squares. However, the food was only above average and the wait time for what came out of the kitchen was a bit excessive. Service was slow and our waiter David did his best with a party of 9.

The offered some specialty beers and wines on a very limited menu.

The food menu was very limited and a bit confusing to the average diner. 2 adults and 3 kids as part of a party of 9 came to $70 as gratuity was added in at 18%.

While the staff was nice, and they did comp us some bread w/ humus and chickpeas to tide us over until our entrees came, it was still more $ than what was worth the food and time expended there.

Additionally, what detracted from dinner was a table of 4 who were obviously intoxicated and quite rowdy and disruptive. The bartender / waiter should have cut them off and in an effort to not impair the dining enjoyment of others at surrounding tables, had them ''keep it down''.

SaleebScore: Food 7/10, Service 7/10... overall 7/10

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Andaz hotel, so we decided to pop in for a bite after a long day's travel. And are we every glad that we did! The atmosphere is modern and chic, yet comfortable and natural. We thoroughly enjoyed the farm-to-table concept; every ingredient was produced within a hundred miles of the hotel. We ended up eating at the restaurant several nights of our stay and every dish was fresh and flavorful, from the pickled vegetables, to the swordfish special, to the pots of tea after our meals. My daughter is particular about the preparation of her food (no butter, heavy cream, etc) and they were more than happy to accommodate. The highlight of our evenings at 22 Square was talking with our waitress, Alexis. Everybody in the restaurant went above and beyond, but Alexis was exceptional. All in all, a wonderful restaurant for natives and tourists alike!