“Must go!”

Joe's Homemade Cafe
Ranked #1 of 889 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Holiday Vacation November 23-November 30 Come into Joe's Homemade Cafe & Bakery and treat yourself to a gourmet lunch or breakfast! Choose from a gourmet selection of sandwiches with the finest quality meats to our fresh from scratch baked goods. Ask about our catering services and specialty cakes for your next event or celebration! So, do yourself a favor - eat in, carry out or place your delivery order And give your taste buds a treat! We offer a 10% discount (excluding specialty cakes & catering) to all uniformed personnel, college student & faculty and - of course - to all of our Joe's Homemade Facebook friends. And now, every first Sunday of the month we will be offering Joe's Brunch with an exclusive menu of homemade, gourmet brunch foods! We are also open the first Sunday every month from 11:00 am-2:00 pm for Sunday Brunch! "It's that good, we promise!"
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Excellent homemade food. Decadent desserts. Supreme service. Need I say more? Recently selected as a Top Ten restaurant from USA Today. For very good reason.

1  Thank Christian V

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a wonderful establishment. The food was delectable and off the charts tasty. We had a great time and highly recommend the Crawford Panini and the Lemon Cheesecake. The atmosphere is very relaxing. The owners make you feel right at home. If you are looking for a wonderful lunch or late afternoon snack this is the place.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pros: variety of foods… impressive desserts … free samples offered graciously. Cons: very small and quite warm (no or limited a/c) … gumbo overly spicy (I know gumbo)… maybe a bit too friendly even for southern hospitality. If you have an adventurous palate and are looking for a quaint experience - you'll probably really like it. The free samples makes you feel obligated to buy something -- that likely is not their intention but it made me feel uncomfortable.

2  Thank TAGSfan
Joe5515, Public Relations Manager at Joe's Homemade Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Customers:

First and foremost we want to thank you for coming to see us. We strive to provide the utmost in quality food and service.

I would like to address a few of the concerns you felt. You mentioned our attentiveness. We have found from our personal dining experiences that quality customer service is not the norm. Given this fact, people are often surprised or taken aback when we do provide a higher level of attentiveness. If you found our attentiveness and desire to please you too much, we apologize.

As to samples, we provide them to give customers a taste of something that may be unique or different. Also, we give customers a taste so they enjoy different scopes of our culinary creations. You will note that we never asked if you wished for us to bring you a full serving. Decisions such as that are left solely to the customer's desire.

We do hope that we were able to clarify a few of the points that made your experience less than perfect.

We wish you well and hope you revisit Savannah.

Don Holland, Marketing and Community Relations

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

After a long day of walking in the rain in Savannah, we stopped for a late lunch. We were the only ones eating so space wasn't an issue. Excellent soup, sandwiches and desserts to
go. We were brought out appetizers to try and had great conversation. A definite must for your trip.

2  Thank TammyFl
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I am a Local Savannian and I was looking for a good panini. When I asked Siri, she told me about Joe's (strange right?) Well I headed that way hopeful, as there are only 2 or 3 places in Savannah with Panini's. When I got there I was seated comfortably in a little table crammed into the establishment, but I didn't mind because it felt very familial. I was served my panini and it was exactly what I wanted. I will be back for more, and I highly recommend!

1  Thank 758mj