“Hidden Savannah Gem”

Joe's Homemade Cafe
Ranked #1 of 876 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Come into Joe's Homemade Cafe & Bakery and treat yourself to a gourmet lunch or breakfast! Choose from a gourmet selection of sandwiches with the finest quality meats to our fresh from scratch baked goods. Ask about our catering services and specialty cakes for your next event or celebration! So, do yourself a favor - eat in, carry out or place your delivery order And give your taste buds a treat! We offer a 10% discount (excluding specialty cakes & catering) to all uniformed personnel, college student & faculty and - of course - to all of our Joe's Homemade Facebook friends. And now, every first Sunday of the month we will be offering Joe's Brunch with an exclusive menu of homemade, gourmet brunch foods! "It's that good, we promise!"
“Hidden Savannah Gem”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I came here for lunch one day during our vacation after a busy morning exploring the city. We were able to find this restaurant with my GPS; we were lucky that a few people were leaving the small lot as we arrived. The interior of the cafe is very cozy - again, we were fortunate to obtain a small table to eat inside with the lovely air conditioning (versus eating in the car or bringing food back to our hotel room downtown). We were met with an incredibly kind and courteous staff. My husband and I were attended to without being overwhelmed by their presence. I enjoyed an exceptionally delicious chicken salad sandwich on a croissant. I highly, highly recommend this sandwich, the Lafayette. I was so involved with my meal that I don't recall which type of sandwich my spouse had. However, we both were very satisfied with our sandwiches. Though almost too full for anything else, we indulged in dessert - a German chocolate/brownie combination for my husband and the red velvet cake for myself. What delectable desserts! I highly recommend Joe's!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Emily W

Tucker, GA
“Hard to find, but worth the trip”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We went to Joe's as we were leaving Savannah. They make a truly wonderful lunch and the service is surprisingly good for a three-man operation. Joe's primary business is catering, so if you're having a big event in Savannah, give them a call.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tucker_emptynester
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Plain Delicious!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Happened on to this no frills café while out walking around, and decided to grab a quick bite. What a great surprise! The owner was a gem, so friendly and funny as soon as we walked in. We ordered two sandwiches, and were they delicious! Better than any other I've had from a small café. The food tasted fresh, the bread was soft and yummy. The prices are very very reasonable, which is why we weren't expecting such perfect sandwiches. Actually one of the best sandwich shops I've ever been in. Next visit to Savannah, I will definitely be visiting Joe's again.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Nancy M
Gilbert, Arizona
“Taste buds rejoice!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Went there for lunch. Oh dear God the food is delicious. Had the victory chicken salad and then the owners talked me into the lemon cheesecake.....pure heaven!!! Yes it is tiny but they can seat twelve. Amazing food, friendly, wonderful owners and staff. Worth finding!!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank KGodinez
Port Orange, Florida
“OMG! It doesn't get any better than this.”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We were planning a quick 24 hours in Savannah. We weren't real sure where we wanted to go. I found this place after looking through TripAdvisor and feel compelled to leave a review.
I had the Oglethorpe, which was good. My friend had the chicken salad on croissant, which she liked, and I knew I wanted to try a dessert. We shared two, some chunky monkey, coconutty, crazy named brownie with marshmallows and then we shared a little bit of heaven, the cheesecake!
As we received this we were informed of the top quality vanilla he uses and the homemade baking, but I have never, and I am confident I will never, have any cheesecake this good again! OMG! It really doesn't get any better than this!
This place will be a "must do" EVERY time I return to Savannah! Thank you so much for your awesome little shop! We loved it!

1 Thank FlGmaTraveler