“Southern Charm in every way.”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
GirlSunda...
Tampa, Florida
“Very Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed July 14, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Lucky Savannah ruined our much anticipated trip to Savannah by placing us in an extremely dirty room (The Wilkes Pied-A-Terre) with a broken air conditioner. I am talking months of cleaning neglect. Food residue in the kitchen, sticky cabinets, food and coffee drips, dust bunnies everywhere, dirty surfaces, accumulated dust on the vents and ceiling fans (to the point where we did not feel comfortable running the ceiling fans). Past guests' hairs in the bathroom, a rusty, dirty toilet brush next to the chipped toilet seat, clogged AC filters.

I could go on and on! We immediately reported the issues, sent photos, and followed all instructions to report issues by emailing, using the app, calling, and texting, and yet Lucky Savannah was unable to get the room clean and repair the AC. We lost an entire day of our short trip waiting for repairs that NEVER came. The room continued to get hotter and hotter, and we decided we just couldn't spend *another* night and day in a un-airconditioned, dirty room. We left after the first night, and went to a local chain hotel which fortunately had vacancy... not at all how we planned to spend out trip.

We informed Lucky Savannah multiple times that we would not be staying another night in a hot, dirty room, yet they ignored our requests, charging our credit card for the entire length of our stay. (about $700). They offered to refund the cleaning fee, which was insulting....the room was never cleaned while we were there, and they admitted that the room was filthy. The AC was never repaired and the repair tech, while pleasant and friendly, informed us that he was unable to repair it that day. No offer of a window unit was made, and no other accommodations were offered (we politely asked to be moved to a clean room with AC). In the summer in Savannah, you can imagine how miserable this would be.

I want to reiterate that we respectfully requested that the room be cleaned and the AC fixed several times, or to be moved to another room (declined). Though the staff was friendly and apologetic, they were unable to resolve our issues.

I want to add that I have spent a significant amount of time leaving cordial messages and emails with Lucky Savannah to resolve this on very friendly terms, but my credit card refund has never come through, and I continue to get the runaround in trying to resolve this. I am astonished that Lucky Savannah would treat returning guests this way, so I have no choice but to warn others to stay away from this company when choosing lodging in Savannah.

Date of stay: July 2016
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Date of stay: June 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: The front lock was a little tricky
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mel V
Dallas, Texas
“Love it, the home is charming and peaceful.”
Reviewed April 1, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

My birthday trip to Savannah was amazing; we stayed from March 19-March 22, 2015. I loved the Wilkes Pied-a-terre, it represents the charm of Savannah, exactly what I was looking for. The home is beautiful; I appreciated the architectural, the warmth, and the character of the home. Being on West Jones St is a beautiful location of the Historical District and it is perfect, everything is in walking distance to the Forsyth Park, museums, the squares, downtown, city market, and to the river. Even trolleys and bus stops were just on the corner. The lunch at The Wilkes House was delicious, the staff was very thoughtful and treated me like family, and they celebrated my birthday with me and sang Happy Birthday. We were amazed of the homes that were built in the 1800s. The breakfast at Clary’s is huge and the fried green tomatoes at the Crystal Beer Parlor were yummy. The Forsyth Park is a Must-See. The city market is just what you need for music, food, sweets, and shopping. We did a Haunting tour, which we learned a lot. On my actual birthday March 21 my friend Kellie surprised me with a birthday package on the lunch cruise on the Savannah Riverboat, the lunch buffet was great. Looking at the old buildings from the Riverboat blew me away. Savannah is a very charming and historical city to visit. Lucky Savannah was very accommodating with the services we needed from where to eat, shop, and even gave me a list of antiques shops to check out and very helpful when I checked in and when I checked out of the home. Thank you Lucky Savannah on everything you did for me to have a pleasurable and enjoyable birthday trip. I would definitely come back again to Savannah and stay at the Wilkes Pied-a-terre. The home is a very peaceful and soothing place to be.

Date of stay: March 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The architectural and the character of the home and very soothing
Liked least: Everything was perfect
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Canberray...
Sydney, Australia
“Great neighborhood vibe”
Reviewed December 1, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Bed and pillows were comfortable. The only hitch we had was addressed right away (we needed an extra blanket) even though it was a holiday weekend. We were provided a list of neighborhood coffeeshops, restaurants and bars. The kitchen and bathroom are dated but clean. Not quite on par with a B&B but the furnishings were fine. Its an excellent base to work out of, you can walk to the historic district in an easy 10 minutes, Forsythe park in about 5, and then enjoy the Squares close by. If you stay during the week you may hear the kitchen downstairs kicking off about 7.30 - it opens at 11 for the best southern lunch I've had (and you can skip the long line in front as you go down through the back entrance), Be aware you need to go up a flight of stairs to get into the apartment.

Date of stay: November 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Nov 26, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us, we are glad that you enjoyed the home! I wish we would have known about your ticket, we would have definitely contacted parking services for you and explained the situation. We would love to have you back and extend our friends and family discount. Hope to see you soon!
CA
Reviewed November 25, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

Date of stay: November 2013
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing