“Very good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tondee's Tavern

Tondee's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Tondee's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Drayton or Bull
Transit: within 2 blocks.
Description: Tondee's Tavern is located in haunted and very historic building in downtown Savannah. Origionally built in the 1850's as the bank for the central rail road of Geogia and later occupied by General Shermans forces on their historic march to the sea.Tondee's is known for their award winning fall of the bone Baby Back Ribs, that some travelers have discribed as "the best in the world." Also offered daily is local seafood and hand cut steaks that are made with Savannahs own local flavor. Tondee's is locally owned and also boast "Savannah's best Hamburger" that is again made daily with fresh ingredients. Great lunch specials, family friendly, local fresh daily, Happy hour 4-7 Monday thru Thursday. We will see you at Tondee's.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant for dinner one evening. It was nice and quite, not very busy which was nice for us and the food was really good. Family oriented as well.

Visited December 2013

DeLand, Florida
“Great Place!!! Great Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I read the reviews and saw that the problems seemed to be related to a very busy weekend. We decided to give it a try and I am glad that we did. We went there for lunch and had a very nice young lady wait on us. Our drinks were never empty and she checked back often. Our food did not take longer than normal at lunch time and it was excellent. The fish sandwich was very tasty with a nice bit of spice and our girls had the quesadilla and said it was excellent. The servings are large and I made the mistake of eating all of mine because it was so tasty. Had to eat a lite dinner because I was still full from lunch. So I guess the only problem appears to be when they are extremely busy because I sure did not find any problems.

Visited January 2014
“Southern Comfort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

It was our first time in Savannah with our four kids. The restaurant choices are almost too numerous. We finally settled on Tondee's Tavern and everyone was satisfied. While it may not have been the most fantastic meal we have ever had, it was excellent and a great value. The waitress suggested I try a Savannah favorite Shrimp and Grits and it was terrific. We were all very pleased with our meal and would go back.

• Visited January 2014
Rincon, Georgia
“Tondee's is a historic, friendly bar and restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Keya was my server at the bar this morning. I ordered the Tondee's combo on the breakfast menu and loved the blueberry pancakes. Keya made sure to keep my cup full. I enjoyed my experience there and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited November 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Good location on Bay Street. Varied menu with a limited wine list and decent selection of beer. mixed drinks are reasonably priced but small.

The server was young but attentive.

Food was below par for a restaurant in Savannah. We were in town for New Years and did not see any locals. Apparently, they already knew that there are much better places nearby for the money.

We found Barracuda Bob's on River Street or Molly McPherson's on Congress Street to be a better choice for this class of establishment.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bob980
William T, Owner at Tondee's Tavern, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your rewiew eventhough I found it to be very vague. "The server was young but attentive" Well did he or she do a good job or not? "The food was below par for a restaurant in Savannah" Compared to what? What did you have to eat? As an athority on food I am sure that you of all people understand that each person has a different taste pallot. Most people love our food and a few dont. I can only assume that you are one of the few in the minority, It is like that in every restaurant in the world. Everything that we do is fresh, and maybe you are not use to that. "No locals" Since you are obviously a restaurant critic, are you now also an authority on what locals look like? In Savannah they dont wear name tags that say "Hi I am local" maybe that is what they do where you are from. It is particurally discusting when people just take it upon thier selves to try and trash someone elses business. That is not what being a mature responsible adult with some trace of class is about. When I was young I was taught that if you dont have anything good to say, it is better to keep your mouth shut. Maybe you might want to take this as food for thought.