“Lunch at Joe's”

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #153 of 870 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant in the heart of Historic Downtown Savannah Georgia, with excellent crab, seafood and land lover favorites. Patio offers sweeping river front views. Fun and casual atmosphere for everyone. Reservations and Call ahead seating available.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Lunch at Joe's”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had lunch at Joe's on May 2nd, 2013. My husband and I went around 2 p.m. and there were hardly any people in the restaurant. We both ordered salads for our meal and it took FOREVER for them to come out. When they finally got to the table, both of our salads were wrong. We just told the server that we would eat them and not to send them back. I know most people don't go there to eat salads so it might not be a big deal to some, but the caesar salad we both received was just mediocre; it definitely wasn't a $13 salad.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank JTW2230375

• Greek first
Homosassa, Florida
“Dirty fingers”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ordered the platter for 4 even though there was 6 of us and never finished, You will go through plenty of paper towels because you hands are always picking up something to eat.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank fritzi_12
“Overpriced & terrible service!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We finally decided to try the new Joe's Crab Shack in Savannah. I have been to others but it has been a while. We were greeted by the hostess immediately upon entering the restaurant and seated quickly. It was a weeknight and they were not busy at all. We waited 20 minutes before anyone even acknowledged we were there. Finally, a very soft spoken server took our drink and appetizer order, which came in a reasonable time. My husband asked about several of their signature steam pots and was told they were out of about half of them. Our appetizer was good (crab dip) and our meal came shortly thereafter. Based on the amount of money spent ($85), I felt like we could have gone to a five-star restaurant and had a much better meal. The pictures on the menu look nothing like why you get-I was very disappointed in the value. My favorite item was the corn, which was fresh and cooked just right. We left very disappointed in the whole experience and felt it was just to much money to spend on a below average meal...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jumpinjacksw
Savannah, Georgia
“Go to a locally owned seafood restaurant for value”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiance went there for my birthday. Both of us ordered the steampot with the queen crab, lobster, shrimp and sausage. When we got our order, we didn't have any shrimp, and we got less than a cluster of crab legs (like two). We sent back our order to get shrimp and an actual cluster of crab legs. When we got it back, shrimp was still missing as well as the crab legs. Our waitress came back with about 20 shrimp for the both of us, and a cluster of crab legs for the BOTH of us. Our waitress never apologized for the shortage of crab legs, and we showed her a picture of a cluster bc my fiance seemed to be missing his, she said she knew what a cluster looked like and walked away. I used to be a waitress and the most important thing you can do is to develop a rapport with the customer. The entire staff seemed to focus more on the dancing than actually attending to the customers. I was very dissapointed and I certainly will not be going back. We will take our 80 dollars that we spent to Love's or the Shellhouse. The quality, service and the amount of food that you get is a lot better.

• Visited May 2013
“Skip it”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

What a bad idea. Stick a chain restaurant in a prime location in a coastal town famous for seafood. The staff greeting us in late afternoon were not into their duties. Wait staff even worse. Dig a little deeper. Make reservations at one if Savannah's wonderful eateries. We tried it for the view and gave it a chance. It failed

Visited April 2013