Savannah Children's Museum, Exploration Station
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Good spot for kids

This is on the same lot as the GA Railroad Museum but a separate entrance fee. There is a special... read more

Reviewed July 8, 2019
Sarah K
Would have loved to give 5 stars

Would have loved to give 5 stars. It was our first time in the area and wanted to find something... read more

Reviewed June 8, 2019
Robyn H
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Savannah
from $49.00
from $27.50
from $49.00
from $56.95
More Info
All reviews train car water play purchase tickets few hours scavenger hunt maze railroad blast arches structure sites
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Our boys (4 and 6) love trains, so the fact that the children’s museum is on the same site as the railroad museum was a big plus. We bought the See 3 Pass. We loved being able to go back and forth between the two so that we could participate on the train site tour. The kids loved the nature exhibit, the puppetry station, and the maze.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed February 10, 2019

We stopped by for a few hours because the place looked like fun. Our 4 year old had a blast. We did a scavenger hunt, we read books in the train car, we got lost in the maze, we played hide and seek, and other activities. it was worth the time and money for the afternoon that we spent there.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

I’d read not so great reviews about the children’s museum but finally decided to try it for ourselves. Our LO (2yrs) loves it. Fun stuff to do and explore, outside where big fun and big noises are okay. And we get to come back anytime we want to for the next year. Great deal!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

I found this place to be extremely disappointing and not at all what I was expecting. There was no indoor museum like I have seen in photos of other children’s museums -it’s just an outdoor play area and a very odd one at that. Very sparse and run down with an eerie, almost post-apocalyptic feel to it. I did not feel comfortable letting my toddler run around here as they were so many fall hazards around including random bits of exposed brick wall in the middle of the lawn. The slides were a plus point but once we had gone down once it’s not like my toddler could climb up again and go back down by himself (the stairs are too high). I wish we had saved our money and just gone to a regular playground.

Date of experience: December 2018
2  Thank Babybeepbeep
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Our 2.5 year old had a wonderful morning playing and exploring this historic site! So many unique uses of the space and very child-led. Our little guy also loved learning how to do the pumper car and looking at all the trains.

I would back again when our infant is bigger!

Date of experience: November 2018