“Entertaining and Informative”

Savannah Walking History Tours by Steve Ellis
Ranked #68 of 141 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: As a 4th generation Savannahian, former city firefighter, and the great grandson of a founding Park & Tree Commissioner, Steve Ellis has a passion for the history of his native city and many years of experience as a tour guide. Choose one of three 90-minute walking tours in Savannah's beautiful historic district: "The First Six Squares: The Oglethorpe Era," "King Cotton, Slavery and the Civil War," or an evening "Pirate Pub Crawl." $25 for adults, with discounts for groups, children and during winter.
Savannah, Georgia
“Entertaining and Informative”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I took Steve's tour for something different for our anniversary. We live in Savannah and still found out tons of information. My husband was reluctant to go but afterward said he really enjoyed it. After our time with Steve we then went to get some gourmet chocolate from Adam's on Broughton St.

Visited September 2013

seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun & Fascinating Ghost Tour”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I were visiting from Seattle and really enjoyed our walking ghost tour with Steve Ellis. Not only is he a great storyteller, captivating everyone with the local ghost lore, but he is incredibly knowledgeable about the history of Savannah. We were so enthralled that Steve kept going past time to share even more great stories. I would highly recommend this walking tour over the trolley tours, as you stop and really feel immersed in your surroundings, rather than just driving by. If you're ever in town, defintely check out Steve's tour to learn more about Savannah's spooky past.

Visited September 2013
Charleston, SC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour Guide”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had the privilege of taking a tour with Steve on my recent trip to Savannah and there is no better guide to have. I am always thrilled to have a local as a guide, and Steve knows the in and outs of Savannah, right down to the last square. His depth of knowledge and ability to tell mountains of historical information in an incredibly entertaining format is what being a tour guide is all about. He is definitely one of the better guides I've ever had. And I am harsh judge of tour guides, as I have been a tour guide in Charleston, SC for 18 years. Don't let this tour pass you by!

Visited August 2013
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walking Encyclopedia”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Last Monday we took a 2+ hour walking tour with Steve Ellis. Wow!!!!! Unbelievable knowledge of the history of Savannah and able to deliver it in an exciting concise way. Nobody's eyes glazed over. He made the early days come alive. Will use him again next time we are in Savannah and there will be a next time.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Scratch51
Athens, Alabama
“Great Tour of Savannah!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We visited Savannah the last weekend of March. Steve Ellis was a great choice for a tour guide. He met us at our B&B where we started our walking tour. He was such a knowledgeable guide and he took us to each of the town squares and by the homes of prominent historical figures of Savannah. The history of Savannah and the people who have lived there is just fascinating. Since he has been a tour guide for many years, there was really no historical event that he didn't have a great deal of information on. We would highly recommend Steve and we'll definitely contact him on future trips to Savannah.

Visited March 2013