“Gem on river street”

and up
Historical Drinking Tour of Savannah
Ranked #1 of 85 Shopping in Savannah
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We found this shop while exploring river street. It was really neat to see everything they can make with honey! We purchased a few lotions and honey samples. The bee jelly is the best! Also try the honey comb with cheese or fruit. It looks like it wouldn't be very good but it was surprisingly tasty. We purchased some for a party! Don't be afraid to buzz on by : )

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I really enjoyed the employee that showed us the different honeys that they have in stock. She was knowledgable and really helpful in describing the differences in the honeys. The wine "mead" bar was great we had a fun time tasting the different wines that they had in stock. Purchased several different things including a bottle of wine. This will not be my last time that I visit this wonderful store.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were referred to this by the driver of our "hopper". We had never tried mead before and they offer a tasting for $5. We sampled 6. I didn't necessarily love all of them but it was fun. The one thing I wish they would do is ship the bottles of mead. We would have bought some but since we couldn't take it on the plane, we had no way to get it home.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have never walked into a store and sampled so many types of honey before as I did at the Savannah Bee Co. They actually have two locations. One is right down at the water front on River st underneath the Hyatt, while the other one is just a few blocks away. There are many different honey's to sample, each with their own flavor & history. The store staff is very helpful & well informed & full of information.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had heard from a lot of people to check this place out. Glad we did! Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. We did the mead tasting (had never tried it before) and it was delicious! Everything in the store was. Great experience!