“True Southern hospitality”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ecl28
Denver, Colorado
“True Southern hospitality”
Reviewed August 12, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My husband and I rented the apartment above Mrs Wilkes restaurant for 4 days in May. I cannot say enough good things about this rental. Clean, classic, on a gorgeous and safe street, near everything, and utterly charming. On top of it, you get VIP access to Mrs Wilkes for lunch which should not be missed. I am now dying to return to Savannah again and would rent this vacation property again in a heart beat. It made our Savannah experience!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Lisa C
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
“Best place to stay in Savannah!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Mrs. Wilkes house is an awesome place to stay! Jones Street is so lovely and we met many residents of Savannah while staying in this residential area. We have visited Savannah many times but usually stay in a historic inn close to the river which is nice. But, I found this rental while searching TripAdvisior and was so lucky to stay there! It was a different experience and we will be staying here again. We stayed in the parlor level of the apartment that Mrs. Wilkes lived in. You get to walk thru the kitchen for lunch to avoid the line that forms out front. The Lucky Savannah staff were quickly responsive to my questions by text message. My one concern I had before arriving was parking. There is metered parking all along Jones Street. I text Joy who suggested we purchase parking permits from the visitors center. That was awesome! We never had any issues with finding parking and moved our car to city parking garages and even to the River Walk parking lots some days to make less of a walk for a 7 year old. All in all, this was my favorite visit to Savannah and definitely will stay here again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious, clean, great location, quiet!
Liked least: Only one TV.
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NamronNnu...
Greenville, South Carolina
“A gem!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

Reasonably priced, well appointed, and in the middle of the historic district. And they throw in a free meal at the world famous Wilkes House, which is on the first floor. The bed is soft, perhaps too so for those who need a firm one. The rooms are huge. Out back is a balcony patio, which is nice, but there is no view, just the backs of other houses and trash cans. The stairs to the suite are steep and, due to the age of the house, there is no accommodation for the disabled. Watch out for the meter readers. In the few minutes it took for us to unload, we were ticketed $20 just few minutes before the free parking started (all weekend). The street sweeper runs down one side of the street on Saturday morning and the other on Sunday morning, and cars must be removed or they will be ticketed as well (We managed to avoid that one!).

The people at Lucky Savannah were great and attended quickly to any request we had.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The spaciousness of the suite.
Liked least: The bathrooms are small. One person only!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
VA

Reviewed November 25, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Cincinnati
Reviewed November 25, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing