“Spend the extra and go elsewhere”
Review of Cake It Away - CLOSED

Cake It Away
“Spend the extra and go elsewhere”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I chose Cake it Away for my wedding because they were more inexpensive compared to other cake shops in Savannah. I wish I spent the extra money for a better cake shop, they are incredibly hard to get ahold of, couldn't find my order when my mom called to pay and qualify was below expectations. Our rehearsal dinner cake looked nice (she is better at birthday style cakes than wedding cakes) but was delivered 1.5 hours late.

The wedding cake was uneven and looked nothing like the buttercream ruffles we discussed. Didn't ruin my day but not up to average standards.

• Visited November 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wrong Wedding Cake Color”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Placed an order back in July for an October wedding. Even came back to the bakery to clarify colors. Not once was an orange cake ever discussed, being that my reception colors were plum and ivory. We originally settled on an ombré purple, but later changed the color to plum. Sent Valerie a picture of the design of the cake I liked and that picture happened to be orange. But orange was never discussed as the main color. For spending close to $1000 on a wedding cake you would think they would at least get the colors correct. Complete eye sore at an otherwise beautiful reception. Such a disappointment.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Alisha528
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like homemade”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I ordered cupcakes to be delivered (through Savannah To Go) for my mom's birthday. Cake It Away had them beautifully wrapped in gift boxes. Not only did they look good, but also they tasted good. My mom said they were delicious, like homemade. That's high praise coming from her, because she loves to bake.

Visited August 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Tasty Treats and Stellar Service!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Cake It Away is a beautiful bakery run by beautiful people. The atmosphere just makes you want to stay and chat. The desserts are delicious and there's a wide variety. Valerie and her team are the sweetest people so it's only fitting that they make the sweetest treats. A must visit in Savannah!

1 Thank meganrowdy