“Could have been better”

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stopped by on a Sunday evening after just getting in to Savannah. I was hungry and thirsty. It was a nice night so I sat in the beer garden. Honestly, I'm not even sure if the inside seating was open. There is a very limited menu in the beer garden. I ordered the nachos with pulled pork. They would have been perfect if the cheese and pork were hot, but you can't warm up food if it's served on a paper plate. I tried the beer which was much better than the food. I wish I would have had dinner somewhere else and stopped by for a drink. Next time that's what I'll do.

Newport News, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great brew pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is one of my favorite brew pubs on the East Coast. I have been there many times over the last ten years. The beer is great, which is the reason I usually go to be brew pub, and the food much better than usual at such an establishment. I also have never had a problem with the service. I brought my children here when they were still teenagers, and, although they complained about everything at that age, they did not complain about Moon River. ANd how can you not love a place with Johnny Mercer lyrics painted on the wall. I am surprised at some of the negative reviews. I still can't understand why someone would bring a party of eight children to a brew pub.

Visited May 2012
Coppell, TX
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“Short stop for the micro-brewery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Service was good, very friendly and attentive bartender. Atmosphere and decor were a little lacking. We just stopped in after dinner and walking on River Street to try some of the local beers at this micro-brewery. I would recommend the sampler as it was a great value and gave you the ability to try the majority of their micro-brews. We also tried the cider beer they had on tap which was very good. Can't comment on the food as we only stopped in for a beer before retiring for the evening. There are so many good places to eat (like Lady and Sons) that I'd save my dining for a different restaurant and just stop at Moon River for a quick beer or sampler.

Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Arrived in Savannah late on a Sunday evening and found MRBC when looking for a light dinner. Pulled pork wrap was just fine, served with onion rings, in all more than I wanted to eat. My drink was fine. Service was friendly and efficient. No complaints, nothing special.

Pooler
“Please save your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

A half of star would be more accurate. Our reservation was made, but they didn't have anything ready. We had a party of over 5 on a sunny day and chose to sit outside. The waitress took over 30 minutes to bring out drinks. Our food order was brought without a side over 45 minutes later and it took the manager,when called, to explain no fried food was sold outside. This fact is nowhere on the menu. The owner tried to placate us with 'when I got up this morning I didn't intend this to be a bad day.' Try again. You are downtown Savannah-get it right and it better be soon. We were told we would have complimentary drinks-they never appeared and TWICE an order was returned for 'medium' but came back 'well'. Guess that was because the waitstaff was too busy talking about our table-and yes, that conversation was overheard. For silverware and napkins, be prepared to bring your own-we had to ask twice for napkins and never received them-I finally went to a nearby table and grabbed some. For beer, hit the bar. For food and decent service-hit somewhere else.