“Short stop for the micro-brewery”

Moon River Brewing Company
$29.75*
Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah
Ranked #55 of 218 things to do in Savannah
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Service was good, very friendly and attentive bartender. Atmosphere and decor were a little lacking. We just stopped in after dinner and walking on River Street to try some of the local beers at this micro-brewery. I would recommend the sampler as it was a great value and gave you the ability to try the majority of their micro-brews. We also tried the cider beer they had on tap which was very good. Can't comment on the food as we only stopped in for a beer before retiring for the evening. There are so many good places to eat (like Lady and Sons) that I'd save my dining for a different restaurant and just stop at Moon River for a quick beer or sampler.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Arrived in Savannah late on a Sunday evening and found MRBC when looking for a light dinner. Pulled pork wrap was just fine, served with onion rings, in all more than I wanted to eat. My drink was fine. Service was friendly and efficient. No complaints, nothing special.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A half of star would be more accurate. Our reservation was made, but they didn't have anything ready. We had a party of over 5 on a sunny day and chose to sit outside. The waitress took over 30 minutes to bring out drinks. Our food order was brought without a side over 45 minutes later and it took the manager,when called, to explain no fried food was sold outside. This fact is nowhere on the menu. The owner tried to placate us with 'when I got up this morning I didn't intend this to be a bad day.' Try again. You are downtown Savannah-get it right and it better be soon. We were told we would have complimentary drinks-they never appeared and TWICE an order was returned for 'medium' but came back 'well'. Guess that was because the waitstaff was too busy talking about our table-and yes, that conversation was overheard. For silverware and napkins, be prepared to bring your own-we had to ask twice for napkins and never received them-I finally went to a nearby table and grabbed some. For beer, hit the bar. For food and decent service-hit somewhere else.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here on a Saturday night with a group of 11- 8 were children. First of all, we were seated at three different tables, and the girls were across the restaurant. They had a different waiter and everything. The menu was limited to begin with, but our waitress informed us that they were out of all wraps, fried green tomatoes, and calamari-on a Saturday night? We all had different sandwiches. I had the chicken sandwich, which was dry and flavorless. The gouda potatoes were also bland. We never got a drink refill, the appetizer came out after the food and the waitress was downright nasty. We asked her if it was true that the basement was haunted and the story behind it for the girls. She huffed and said "It's Savannah. Everything's haunted" and walked away. All the girls were charged for their drinks, which were supposed to be included wth the kids meals. When I asked her to fix it, she informed me that they weren't even her tables and she doesn't know how she got stuck with it....there are so many better places to eat in Savannah. Don't waste your time!

1  Thank Bethpeper
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stopped by here on a chilly Saturday afternoon and the place was packed. I assumed most folks were there because the place was on a television program and was thinking perhaps the good might be lacking. Well, that was not the case at all! I had the chicken stuffed with andouille sausage along with the smoked gouda scalloped potatoes and cole slaw as sides and all was delicious! The potatoes were hot and creamy, the cole slaw fresh and the chicken was juicy and tasty! The service was friendly but the kitchen was a bit slow in getting orders out. Would stop by again the next time we are in beautiful Savannah!