“Service is Great, Food was pretty good too!”

The Public Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #31 of 880 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Service is Great, Food was pretty good too!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Overall, our experience at The Public was really good! Our waitress Gabby was so sweet and had some great recommendations for us. She always had our drinks filled and kept us entertained! The food was good. Everyone enjoyed their food. The watermelon sangria was really good. I tried my mom's shrimp & grits, while she really liked it, I felt it was a bit underseasoned. I was also kind of turned off by the big mint leaves on my plate of salad.... I figured they would chiffonade and distribute it evenly, but there's no way I would even taste mint unless I ate the entire leaf, and luckily I know what mint looks like, because I would imagine that someone who didn't would eat it thinking it was part of their salad. Bleh.

• Arabic first
Lawrenceville, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, fantastic atmosphere”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We loved this place. Had the cheese plate and shrimp and grits, both of which were fantastic. The outside seating was nice, and the staff was wonderful!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“the right touch”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

we stopped in for lunch while shopping, and the atmosphere was just right. not too much of a bar or evening place running at "lunch " speed. very friendly server that gave straight forward advice on the food when asked... not your typical "everything is great" saying. she pointed out the Cuban was a big sandwich and we were looking for a lighter fare. beer selection was also very good. the only disappointment was the side - the pasta salad; it was weak and dry.

Vienna, Austria
“Great Food and Service.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The menu is selective but has something for everyone. The food was fresh and tasty, the menu was also creative but not overly exotic. Our server was kind and answered all of our questions and never let us have an empty drink. I found it to have a great atmosphere and was not overly crowded or too loud from street noise. I was happy to have eaten there and would recommend it to anyone else.

1 Thank AmericanSchnitzel
Michigan
“Love, Love, Love!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

After a 12 hour drive and checking into our B&B for the next three days, my hubby and I were in need of cold drinks, good food, and air conditioning. The B&B suggested The Public Kitchen & Bar, which was a two block walk from where we were staying. We arrived there around 9:30 pm and had a short wait for a table indoors. (There is plenty of outdoor seating as well.)

We loved The Public Kitchen & Bar! It is a quaint building with a creative drink list and menu. We started with the bacon wrapped shrimp and two cold drinks. Excellent choices! For our meals I had the risotto with chicken, and my husband had the shrimp and grits. Both meals were delicious! This is upscale southern food in a casual setting at its finest! It is highly recommended!

Visited August 2014