“Amazing experience! A must do event!”

Gribble House Paranormal Experience
Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah
Ranked #53 of 141 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Have you ever watched the Paranormal Ghost Hunting shows on television and wondered what it would be like to actually investigate a haunted property? The Gribble House Paranormal Experience gives you all the equipment and training plus the opportunity to explore a documented haunted warehouse that sits on the site of a gruesome triple murder that occurred in 1909. Recently investigated by Ghost Adventures on The Travel Channel and described as one of the most haunted buildings in Savannah. Many Paranormal Investigators from other cities have explored with us and their findings and experiences have lead them to describe this as "the real deal" and "a must do in Savannah."Investigations are nightly and reservations are required. Due to the nature of some of the content we ask that guests be free of alcohol and over the age of 16. This is a tour for people who are genuinely interested in the Paranormal and as such we discourage bad behavior and skeptics from ruining the investigations.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
“Amazing experience! A must do event!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I went and had an amazing time. Jim and Tracy were our guides and they did not disappoint. It will leave you shocked, scared and a believer of the paranormal. f you are looking for a unique experience in Savannah you must do this tour!

Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Boooo..ring”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We started out as skeptics and after spending almost the entire paid for time, we left as skeptics. The hosts were very friendly and seemed to want to encourage a slightly spooky experience.

It was a big empty warehouse. In all fairness, I expected a creepy old abandoned house and not some empty parking garage. If I had been willing to let my imagination run rampant and attempt to read into every random word that came from the boxes, I'm sure it would have been more exciting.

We made the best of a very boring and lackluster experience by sneaking the occasional kiss in the dark. I would have had a more frightening time hanging around in an empty shopping mall; at least there would be mannequins to unsettle me.

If you firmly believe that every bump in the night is something otherworldly and not maybe expansion and contractions, then you will find this just as terrifying as everything else you encounter. Otherwise, I strongly suggest spending the money on something that will occupy your 2 hours.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ron W
G P, Owner at Gribble House Paranormal Experience, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Sorry you didn't enjoy yourself. We try hard to provide evidence and interaction with the entities in the building but sadly they are not paid actors and will not manifest on command. As such you will only get out what you put in. We have found that some skeptics will look for any reason to debunk their experience and use words like "boring". We do our best to help each guest experience and discover the paranormal side of life but when you sneak off to make out during the investigation it limits our success rate.
Dunwoody, Georgia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 265 helpful votes
“Savannah’s Best Bet for a Ghosty Experience.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I recently ventured across the country to check out Savannah, one of the country’s most historical and architecturally beautiful cities. Being interested in anything ghostly on television, I searched for and found The Gribble House Paranormal Experience. Even better, I got a great deal on tickets through Groupon which is a free service, you really need to check in to.

Our taxi dropped us off 15 minutes before our 10 p.m. reservation time. Tracey greeted us at the door and we were introduced to Gaary the head investigator. They were very knowledgeable of the equipment and considerate to everyone’s level of ghost hunting.

We were told the history of the building and it’s surroundings and then we broke up into two groups to start investigating.

All of the tools you see on the Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures were used…it was totally cool to actually hear words coming from the Ghost Box and Ovilus X. It was actually kindof creepy, but in a good way. Be prepared to have a lot of questions to ask, and be prepared to be patient to hear the answers.

It was a blast ‘talking’ to the ethereal beings. I wish we had a Gribble House Paranormal Experience company in our city.

Bottom line: Just Boo it… I mean just do it you won’t regret it. This ghost investigation was a birthday gift from my husband…a gift I will certainly remember forever.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Joanie_Balonie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Savannah Must!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had an awesome time! A total must! If you are into ghost hunters and EVP's this is the place to go....and even if you are not into ghostly things its a fun experience!

1 Thank Hmkimbrell
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“This was Mind-Blowing and Far Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was excited about this experience as a novice ghost hunter with limited tools but wasn't sure what to expect. We were in for an adrenaline-pumping experience. The Gribble House folks had a host of ghost hunting tools like therometers with lasers, EMF sensors, digital recorders, and most importantly ghost boxes.

When you walk into the cavernous warehouse, there is an oppressive feeling there, despite the amount of space. It was immediate when we began snapping photos with our iphones and saw a literal spray of moving lights and shooting orbs. But that was just a warm up act. I took a photo in the direction of the parked segue-ways right away and got startled: in the camera and with my eye I saw a tall man's shadow about four feet away. It was beyond creepy because the shadow was about 6-7 feet tall, out of scale, and absorbed all light.

We then went to the scene of the murders and I took a photo of Jim, our guide. He was swathed in a thick opaque fog/mist. There was nothing there when I snapped the photo, except the omnipresent moving orbs in nearly every shot. But that thick mist was not something to see with the eye, but there it was. In that room, where the murders took place, we interacted wtih the ghost box and heard voices from a man and occasionally a woman. I was sitting on the floor and it wasn't cold, about 70 degrees in the space. About 10 minutes in, I was asking questions and a cold enveloped me, from below me and crept up my back. There was no explanation for it.

But the most dramatic of all the experiences was working with the ghost box with Jim, in the slave quarters. In there, we heard from Steve (a slave), who told us that he was married and missed his wife. We also learned that the souls in that room were trapped in the space. Later, we heard from Jockton, an angry and recently dead soul (who said things like "wasssuppp" and "aiiight", who was having a bad day.

He yelled out so loudly at one point, that our guide Jim startled and jumped up a few inches from his chair. I asked Jim if that frightened him and he said that the speaker actually vibrated and it was creepy. It was more than creepy to hear a spirit yell. That ghost box had little interference and the quality of the answers to our questions was surreal.

The part of the experience that most fascinated me was that we heard spirits holding muffled (we couldn't hear the words) conversations in the background of the spirit that was interacting. It was like they were just hanging out chatting.

All to say that this experience is one that leaves you with bigger questions about life after death, Are you just in limbo having chats with strangers passing the time? Is it simply an alternate reality?

No matter what I highly recommend this experience to anyone curious about the paranormal or life in the thereafter.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Kara O
G P, Owner at Gribble House Paranormal Experience, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind words on our review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Our investigators are highly trained and we love to hear your comments about what you feel, hear and see on tour. We are committed to helping every guest have a unique experience in The Gribble House. Please come back and see us again.