“Great Beyond Good and Evil experience!”
Review of Ghost City Tours

Ghost City's Dead of Night Tour
Ranked #18 of 153 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah ghost tours are a great way to experience haunted Savannah at night. Ghost City Tours provides high quality ghost tours through the haunted historic district of Savannah Georgia. If you are looking for a family friendly ghost tour or an adult's only haunted experience we offer both.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The most informative tour ever ! Nicodemus was knowledgeable, humorous and fun to walk the tour with ! Believer in the super natural or not, the historical evidence and information is a must if you are in Savannah ! We would do it again !

Write a ReviewReviews (2,408)
All reviews
"haunted history"
in 39 reviews
"a great story teller"
in 47 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 68 reviews
in 241 reviews
"zach"
in 126 reviews

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My mother and I booked the Ghost City Haunted Pub crawl a month ahead through the company website. Paid online and everything. The night the tour was supposed to happen we followed the print instructions and went into the Crypt Pub where we were to meet. We got there 30 minutes early just in case. The pub was open but almost empty, only two other people there. We told the bartender why we were there and she said she would tell us as soon as the tour guide arrived. We ordered drinks and relaxed.
The tour was supposed to start at 10pm and around 10 after 10 we started to get worried. The bartender came up to us every few minutes the whole time we were waiting to tell us she still hadn't seen the tour guide. So, ten minutes after we called the number on our ticket print out and were directed to call another number. Eventually we got, who I believe was the owner. He barely listened to our questions about the missing tour guide and told us we had simply not seen the tour and it had left. We found this unlikely since we had been in the bar we were told to be in for over thirty minutes with a clear view of the entrance and staff telling us they didn't see the tour guide. The guy on the phone was very rude and unconcerned and basically brushed it off telling us we just missed it and that we could go on another tour instead. When we told him we had already booked that one for the next night, he basically said, "Fine, I'll refund it even though its your fault you missed the tour."
We were not very happy, to say the least. If the tour had left only ten minutes before we could have caught up. We would have had no problem doing so. We got the impression that the company saw only two people booked a tour and decided to chance it by not showing up at all. They had a month in which they could have called and cancelled due to lack of attendance.
The next day we called back, hoping the rudeness was simply a lazy tour guide and instead got the same 'gentleman' who was just as rude and claimed to be the owner.
Luckily, the Dead Of Night tour we had booked for that night had a lot of people who also booked it. That tour was good and would have been worth it if the company hadn't caused such trouble the night before.
I would warn anyone booking tours with this company to be wary because apparently if not enough people book, the tour guides never show up and they don't refund your money automatically and only if you complain. Plus, very very rude owner.
Honestly, the one tour we did go on wasn't good enough, in my opinion, to ever chance booking with this company at all.

2  Thank Birdsquirrel
Savannah_Ghost_Tours, Owner at Ghost City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

I am really disappointed to see this review on here. I know exactly who you are. I am not sure the point of this review. The events you described above did not happen as you say.

First, the night you were to take the Pub Crawl there were 14 people on the tour. The other 12 showed up and took the tour. If you were in the right place at the right time you would have been on the tour.

Second, when you did call to let me know you couldn't find the tour group I wasn't rude at all. Normal company policy states that we do not give refunds for No-Shows. Despite this I told you I would refund your money for the tour, which I did. In addition I also offered to put you on a different tour at no cost to you. Neither of these things I had to do. I did them because I want to make sure that I do everything I can do to make our guests happy. If you read other reviews you will see people state how far we are willing to go to ensure our guests are happy.

So, while this review is from a real customer, the events described are not accurate...at all.

-Tim

Reviewed October 18, 2013

A group of 8 of us (4 couples 35-42 years) went to Savannah recently for a weekend getaway. We love Savannah and have been several times. One of our favorite things about the city is its haunted nature and all the fantastic stories and history there. About half of us have been on some type of haunted tour in the past--be it a haunted pub crawl or just a trolley tour of the city in general.

We were very excited about this particular haunted pub crawl being that we could see the city, hear some great stories, and venture into some pubs and bars that we might not otherwise visit and would surely hear interesting tales about them. I believe there was mention of drink specials often available at the various bars. Unfortunately, we did not get any great stories and didn't even venture into any pubs after our initial meeting place. The places we did go into that happened to have a bar didn't offer anything special to our group.

If you're considering this tour, expecting to go from pub to pub to pub and hear haunted stories about the pubs or about areas/buildings near those pubs, you'd be like we were. But you would be wrong. We met at The Crypt Pub which was cool but it was just a meeting place. We ventured off down the street and spent the next 70-80 minutes going from random place to random place, hearing stories that were hard to follow, occasionally in poor taste, and just plain awkward because it was evident the group wasn't enjoying the experience. The guide was a nice enough guy but he was stumbling through with a distinct lack of story-telling ability. A couple times, it was like he forgot where he was going with the story and suddenly he'd wrap it up and then realize he left out some critical details and he'd throw them in real quick like an afterthought. We didn't go into one pub once the tour began; we stopped in the same square twice, we went to a restaurant, and to a well lit, chain-type of burger place that happened to have a bar. Of all the amazing, dark and spooky looking buildings and bars there, we managed to avoid them all. This was not at all what we expected.

About three stops in, we were realizing it wasn't going to get any better. When the 4th stop was also NOT a pub and had no great tale to tell, we simply walked away from the group, disappointed to have spent over $200 on this tour among the 8 of us.

Other tours we have done were outstanding so if that's what you're looking for, there are good ones to be had. Just not this one. For something different, check out the SavannahSlowRide. We did that the following night for the same cost as this tour, and it was outstanding. it was a ton of fun with a great guide who had some of the best tales to tell. It was a unique experience, we laughed ourselves silly, and visited some superb bars along the ride. Highly recommend that one!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was one of the highlights of our trip to Savannah. Not being a believer in ghosts will not take away from this ‘ghost tour’ one iota, as there are a myriad of interesting and bizarre historical facts melded with some occult twinged tales and stories about root doctors and superstitious folklore which the guide Nicodemus revealed with excellent storytelling ability over the course of the 1 1/2 hour adventure. Walking around in the dark with only a flashlight created a great atmosphere and he peppers his yarns with a delightful sense of humor that made for a great night overall. Well done.