“Skippy Spiral was great!”
Review of Ghost City Tours

Ghost City's Dead of Night Tour
Ranked #2 of 151 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah ghost tours are a great way to experience haunted Savannah at night. Ghost City Tours provides high quality ghost tours through the haunted historic district of Savannah Georgia. If you are looking for a family friendly ghost tour or an adult's only haunted experience we offer both.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had been on two previous ghost tours in Savannah (through the now defunct Urban Cargo store). The Blue Orb had been recommended to us, but they were fully booked, so we opted to go with Ghost City Tours. We chose 11 pm because it was supposed to be adults only and a little scarier. I'm not sure who considers an 11-12-year-old to be an adult, but I felt like the parents shouldn't have chosen this tour for their daughter. Regardless, Skippy Spiral was a great tour guide! He was funny, knowledgeable, informative, interesting and entertaining (although I didn't find anything "scary" as had been promised). We had a great time overall, mostly because of Skippy.

1  Thank Paige R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,241)

Reviewed August 29, 2013

In August, I organized a private group tour through Ghost City Tours without really knowing what to expect. Their website said that they have tours that are family friendly and tours for adults, so I was sure to specify that we were looking for an evening of adult story telling for our group of 20 women taking the 11pm ghost tour.

Skippy Spiral DID NOT disappoint. In fact, I would HIGHLY encourage anyone who is thinking about taking a ghost tour request him. Beyond telling us awesome ghost stories, he was extremely considerate of our group. We stopped for a restroom and refreshment break at one point, which also gave some of our members a chance to rest (which they appreciated). We never felt rushed and he really made a point to interact with everyone in our group.

After the event, several of the women who had recently done a vampire tour in New Orleans commented that they thought Skippy's tour was WAY better than the tour they took in NOLA.

We will DEFINITELY schedule with Skippy again the next time we're in Savannah.

1  Thank Linzy A
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Well, we made reservations for this tour and had Skippy as a tour guide who was good. He was a great storyteller and kept things interesting. One thing that was a problem was that there was one other group booked that was late meeting us in Johnson Square. It was not a big deal but when they finally got there, it was 5 girls for a bachelorette party and they were all pretty drunk. I specifically took this tour at 9:00pm because it was supposed to be the more family friendly tour. I'm glad there were no children on this tour. One of the girls was so drunk, she was incoherent and was babbling on and had trouble walking and standing upright. They all had plastic cups apparently filled with alcohol because you are allowed to walk around with open containers. The tour was still okay and I know this is no fault of the tour company, but it was a shame that our tour ended up with this group. I could tell Skippy felt bad and tried to talk to and concentrate on us more because whenever we stopped, the girls were not listening, texting on their cell phones, falling on the ground or throwing their cups. At one point Skippy asked if the girls wanted to take the really drunk one somewhere else. It was all a little off putting and if there were families on this tour, it really would have been a problem. Skippy did a good job trying to tell his ghost stories, but it would have been a lot better without this group. I'm not really sure why they signed up in the first place because they weren't listening at all and either half passed out or texting and playing with their phones. We thanked Skippy and finished around 10:30 and he was nice enough to take a picture with us in front of Colonial Park Cemetary. An interesting last night in Savannah to say the least. Would I recommend? Yes, because Skippy was good, but I'd be careful of the other guests that are with you.

1  Thank melissa328
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We recently did a tour with Nicodemus for the 10pm tour and it did not disappoint. After being on Ghost Tours in other haunted cities, this was by far the best. The stories, locations, and added visuals gave the tour an eerie feeling and the added touches by Nicodemus were great. He keeps the group entertained the whole time and makes it worthwhile. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Marc R
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I took the Grave Tales 9 pm tour with Skippy Spiral and had such a great time! It turned out to be way better than any of the (often much) more expensive tours we had taken during our travels. Skippy is smart, funny, eloquent, really knowledgeable and a wonderful storyteller! It was an entertaining and even engrossing way to learn much of the history of Savannah. I was so glad we went on this tour--it turned out to be a highlight of our long trip.