“COOL! AWESOME!”

Ghost City Tours
Ranked #4 of 144 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah ghost tours are a great way to experience haunted Savannah at night. Ghost City Tours provides high quality ghost tours through the haunted historic district of Savannah Georgia. If you are looking for a family friendly ghost tour or an adult's only haunted experience we offer both.
“COOL! AWESOME!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Most people expected a tour involving being scared out of their pants by the "evil" lurking around, but that wasn't the point! The point was to get up close and personal with a great, funny and knowledgable tour guide Nicodemus and see how spirits behave and their stories and where it all began!
So if all you did it for was the scare, go to a haunted house or watch 'the body snatchers' because you missed the point and were probably not that interested to begin with!

2 Thank MsPippin

• Hebrew first
“AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I thought the tour with incidents was so cool. I mean most people were expecting to be frightened by the "evil" that lurks around, and do did I when it started out, but that wasn't the point! If you want to be scared go to a haunted house or watch 'the body snatchers' but if you want to learn about the history behind these deaths and see how it may be possible to have spirits around go and do beyond good and evil tours! Nicodemus is a very silly yet knowledgable guide. He keeps everyone involved which can be hard! He doesn't do those stupid car rides he takes you up close and personal with the ghosts.
It was great. Expect me back!

1 Thank MsPippin
Clearwater Beach, FL
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Waste of Money!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I will start out first by saying that I was not honestly expecting to see a ghost! I more so wanted history about different ghost stories and eerie things that have happened in Savannah. After going on this tour I felt like I had wasted $60 and 2 hrs. I can never get back. Our late night tour turned into a pub crawl which would have been fine had we gotten any history about the pubs we were going into! It was literally the guide taking us to whatever pub happened to be open. By the end of the tour the tour guide was completely drunk and asking us to put his bicycle in my SUV and drive him home. The only reason we did not request our money back is because the other couple on the tour was great and we made some good friends.

BEWARE: When you call to book a reservation and they tell you that your guides name is Brad, call another company!!!!!!! We took a carriage ride the next day and that girl who admitted to not being good at the ghost stories did a better job!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Tiffanie C
Savannah_Ghost_Tours, Owner at Ghost City Tours, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Ouch!
I am sorry you had such a crazy experience. I must admit I have never heard anything quite like this before. All of our guides are very professional and this strikes me as odd.
I do offer my sincerest apologies. Next time you are in Savannah give us a call and I will set you up with a different ghost tour, on the house.
Douglasville, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not what I expected... at all.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Honestly, maybe my expectations were set too high. My wife and I really wanted to be scared when hearing the stories about the ghosts etc... but Nicodemus was very light-hearted about the whole thing, making jokes and crude humor along the way. There was only really one point on the tour that was remotely creepy, the rest was basically filled with awkward pauses and repetition of the the same jokes.

Nicodemus was, however, very knowledgeable about the area and the homes we visited, just was not scary at all.

The scariest part of the whole tour was when two of our group members went missing... they left early because they were not enjoying it.

Visited February 2013
Thanks for leaving us a review. I am sorry the tour isn't quote what you were expecting. It does allow me to bring up an important bit of information though.
Our tours are not going to be 'scary' for everyone. We understand this. Some people are way easier to creep out and scare than others. The Beyond Good and Evil tour is a great example of this. The tour is not going to 'scare' EVERYONE. No tour would. The guides do their best to show you the best time possible on our tours. Whether you end up scared or not depends on you. I am glad that all-in-all you enjoyed the tour.
Regardless, I am sorry the tour didn't meet your expectations. The next time you're in town let us know. I will have some free tickets waiting for you for our adult's only tour. That is a tour that will surely send chills down your spine.
Beaufort, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We will be seen again!!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Last night I took my date on the Beyond Good and Evil tour with our guide Nicodemus. I have followed many a tour guide in my many years of travelling and have even listedend to some here in Savannah and I must proclaim that Nicodemus assuredly takes the cake. The man has has more character than the city itself and is full of more fun facts, interesting tidbits than any book on Savannah could pack in its pages. All it is topped off with off the wall side splitting jokes and unexpected side comments on the people and places that you are learning about. Look no further for your next our in Savannah whether it be your first or your a seasoned vet, and even if you're just looking for stories of the town and not interested in the paranormal aspect of the town this is still your man to go to!!!

3 Thank zndevries