“Very good and very consistant”

La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #158 of 884 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: For the best Southeastern Mexican zest, your first and only stop must be La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant. Since 1994, we have been serving up a Fiesta, with exciting and delicious menu items that are sure to enchant and fascinate our guests. Currently with 16 locations in Georgia, one in Dothan, Alabama and one in Greenville, South Carolina. We are a great place to go for ardent lovers of the Mexican Cuisine.Our Chef and staff welcome our new and returning guests by preparing authentic Mexican entrees such as succulent enchiladas, juicy and tender fajitas, quesadillas, burritos and nachos all cooked to perfection and served in a beautiful atmosphere just like in sunny Mexico.It is also our pleasure to now offer you our fantastic Catering Service. Our wonderful personnel will create an entertaining Latin Fiesta in your home or office. Whatever the occasion, our authentic Mexican favorites are always crowd pleasures and we serve it up in a festive style to spice up your event.It is always a Fiesta at La Parrilla!
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We enjoy this Mexican Restaurant. Its clean and we have never had a bad meal. Its the closest thing to Dallas Texas in Georgia. Great sellection.

There are newer reviews for La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The restaurant is owned by a Guatemalan family, and is located at the front entrance of Oglethorpe Mall in Savannah--very easy to find. One of the first things you'll notice is the colorful, cheerful decor, warm and lively feel and the incredible scent of grilled meats--they use a real barbecue grill, not a flat solid grill, so the meat is flame-kissed and truly delicious! I've never had a bad meal there, and I'm picky as hell, and I especially recommend the Carnitas, which are huge (just ask for a box, cuz you're definitely gonna wanna take some home!), juicy, so full of flavor that you won't forget them, ever! The taco salad, full of fresh vegetables, avocado, grilled chicken (or shrimp), is excellent (I get it with no cheese, bacon or tortilla strips, but extra tomatoes and onions--still wonderful!). The flan is creamy and delicious, and the meats are freshly grilled always. The atmosphere is friendly, ethnic, warm and makes you want to stay longer than you'd planned. The menu is so full of goodies, you'll want to bring a friend just to have a variety of choices to taste (really, hard to make up your mind with all they offer!). I love the bright and colorful decor! Kids are welcomed with coloring pages and crayons, and little packs of Teddy Grahams to snack on 'til dinner arrives. The staff is courteous and attentive and the bathrooms clean and bright. Maybe 1-2 dollars more than a local place (this is a chain restaurant), but the quality is excellent and the meat superb!

1  Thank Heart_of_Imladris
Reviewed January 22, 2013

What a nice place! We picked it out of the blue. The fish tacos were yummy and the service was above par! When the waiter asked if we had visited before, we said no. At the end of our meal we received a free desert and an invitation to return. - WE WILL!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

While staying in Savannah recently, we stopped in to La Parilla on a whim. We found the food to be as authentic and comparable in taste to most other Mexican restaurants we've been to. The salsa was excellent (spicy, nice texture, no chunky tomatoes). Our dishes were flavorful. My salad was served without dressing, but I eventually got some when our server decided to come back around. I really like the fact that their dressings and sauces are served in mini taco salad shells. Our server was friendly, but she wasn't very attentive. She got my drink order wrong because she didn't remember what I wanted and didn't wait for me to return to the table to ask me (instead, asked my boyfriend). Nonetheless, the drink I did get was just as good.

Towards the end of our experience, we received an unexpected gesture from the manager who brought us out a free dessert because it was our first time dining there. Overall, reasonable prices, good food, and fun atmosphere. Yes, it was loud when we were there, but it was busy and I'm finding that more and more with restaurants these days.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My dad, sister and I were in Savannah overnight and I was looking for a good Mexican restaurant in the vicinity. I suggestged we eat at La Parrilla and I was not disappointed. Their food is high quality, and they make the customer feel welcome. While we were there, they were singing happy birthday to a young man. Good family atmosphere. I would go back again.