“Not a big drinker but I loved this place.”
Review of World of Beer

World of Beer
Ranked #4 of 57 Nightlife in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: At World of Beer, we've got 50 craft beers on tap, over 500 in the cooler and a menu of tasty tavern fare that's crafted to go perfectly with beer. And whether you're a beer master or just beer curious, our insanely knowledgeable staff is here to guide you through every last pint, pour, and pairing. So c'mon. Let's go. Because there's no better place to go around the world, one sip at a time.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Not a big drinker but I loved this place.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

They had such a huge selection of beer that even I found something that I enjoyed drinking. Service was great, everyone was very friendly, and the atmosphere was very laid back. I'll def be back on my next trip out there.

Frederick, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“GREAT BAR.....AMAZING SERVICE”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I can not tell you enough how great this bar is. I like to enjoy my beer and I spend a decent amount of money trying different beers and learning what makes them special...the way some do with wine. It is rare to have a place that trains their staff so that they truly know the beer they are serving and give it the same effort that restaurants do food.

The best part was that even though they knew their stuff, the staff was still fun and it didn't get this snooty boring feel. I had a great time and would gladly go back just for the atmosphere.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“I've never seen so many beers!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited this bar just out of curiosity by the number of beers we saw, when we walked by. We really enjoyed our visit. Although, it could definitely be overwhelming just looking at the menu, the bartenders were extremely knowledgable and helpful! We visited on Monday night and both the male and female bartenders working behind the counter were super helpful. The female spent probably 5 minutes with us just asking questions about our taste and what we liked to make suggestions. After sampling a few, we selected our first round and were very pleased. My husband is more the beer drinker and I am not a huge fan, but she had me try the Woodchuck apple cider and it was very good! Several more times they both checked in and made more suggestions. We tried a few more for the evening. It was a fun experience! The beers on tap change out often. If you enjoy the variety of new beers, we totally recommend this place. I can see that your bartender's experience could totally make or break this trip. We were very fortunate to have ones who didn't mind spending the time to question and help us select the right ones for us. Hopefully they are all as good as ours were!

New Cumberland, PA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loved this place”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was stop #3 on our downtown Savannah beer tour and we stayed for several hours, making this our last stop. When we first got there, we each got free cask beers as part of a promotion they were doing for a local brewery. After that, when we asked about certain beers, they were happy to give us tasting samples before ordering. We sat at the bar and the first couple next to us we chatted with and found out they were bartenders at 2 different bars and liked coming here to sample different beers. In addition to the many selections on tap, they had a book you could look through to pick on of their many bottled beers. People were playing life-sized Jenga and cornhole in the bar, and as it got a little later, a one-man-band guy was the entertainment. I really enjoyed this place and wished there was one where we lived. Just a note: when we asked about food, we were showed a few selections of potato chips, but were told that we could order food to be delivered there if we wanted to. They had several menus from local places on hand to peruse.

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Awesome choice of beers!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Went to WOB because we have one in our hometown. Always happy with selections and knowledge of staff if you like beer and like to try new things this is the place to go. You will not be disappointed

Visited April 2013