Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Delightful!

Reviewed October 9, 2018
Alltheseroads
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Savannah
from $27.50
from $15.00
from $34.12
from $25.00
More Info
All reviews captain steve sailing experience great captain wonderful afternoon beautiful scenery bucket list savannah area trip to savannah zingara boat dolphins skiing sailed tybee outing blast river
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2018

My husband and I went sailing with Captain Steve on 10/24/18. It was the highlight of our time in Savannah. Steve is a total professional. This past summer, we have been sailing a small sailboat on a lake in Oklahoma and we learned a lot during our sail with Steve. He nicely tailored the sailing trip to what we wanted to do and experience and our skill level. His sailing skills and experience are impressive. We had a great time. We would go again and definitely recommend him if you’re looking for a sailing experience. And we did see plenty of dolphins!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

We visited Savannah for our anniversary and sailing on the Zingara was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Captain Steve offers a private sailing experience in which you create or he helps you to create the experience you’re looking for. A romantic day watching the dolphins swim? Done. A get together with friends for an afternoon? Done. A fun family adventure? Done. You decide whatever you want your sailing adventure to be. Along the way, Captain Steve can also teach you about sailing, the waterways and has a plethora of knowledge about Savannah (helpful for those who are visiting like us). Skip the dolphin tours, the dinner cruises and whatever other garbage that’s available to tourists In the Savannah area and book an outing with Compass Sailing. You won’t regret it!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Folks this trip was the highlight for me of our ten day vacation from Atlanta, Savannah and Myrtle Beach. Captain Steve was a gracious host to my family. His vessel the Zingara is well maintained and very safe. He met us on the dock as friendly as your next door neighbor and at the end of our sail I consider him a friend that lives far away as we reside in Louisiana. The trip will encourage your family to put away the phones and spend time as a family again. Aside from the many pictures we took it was good to conversate with each other and Capt Steve. He is a retired schoolteacher so he is very well versed . His relaxed manner allowed me to totally de-stress and enjoy the activity I picked out on our vacation. Once again if there were 100 ***** I would give it a 100! Please look up Capt Steve at Compass Sailing when anywhere near Savannah. It will be something you remember for a lifetime. I look forward to going again next year GOD willing. Thank you Captain Steve for treating my family so well! Well Done Sir!

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderfully relaxing time with Captain Steve. When the weather was uncertain he checked back with us via text two hours before to update us on our appt. we brought snacks in a cooler that we kept under the deck and enjoyed along the way. He enjoys sharing his knowledge of sailing and Tybee with you and also enjoys sitting back and allowing your family to enjoy, watch dolphins (which he spots for you), and enjoy. We saw SO many dolphins loved it!!!He even let my dad as well as my husband drive the boat! Thanks Captain Steve!!

1  Thank Leah M
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Capt Steve is super awesome! Our group had such a fun day and it was the funnest adventure in all of Savannah. We had a blast!

1  Thank Blair S