“Perfectly Accomodating”

Compass Sailing, LLC
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for a cruise aboard "Zingara", a 38' classic Morgan sailing yacht. Sit back and enjoy the egrets and dolphins, or take the helm under Captain Steve's supervision. Either way, you'll enjoy the infinite views of Savannah's salt marshes and the Atlantic ocean. Our charters are personal and private for your group, family or clients. Soft drinks are provided or you can bring along your cooler and picnic. Let's go sailing !
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfectly Accomodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

While my wife was in town, I had a fairly small window of opportunity to take her on a chartered sailing trip. Captain Steve was perfectly accommodating working around his Christmas plans and the weather to provide a wonderful sailing experience. Steve is a patient teacher and skipper. While teaching us about the beauty of sailing, he also taught us about the local estuary, pointed out local wildlife and dolphins all during periods of intermittent low visibility and fog. Steve and Zingara have our highest recommendations.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Scott R

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great time for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked a 4 hour sailing trip with Capt. Steve for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. My husband and I were with them on a trip to Savannah. My mother has sailed most of her life and really enjoyed "talking shop" with Capt. Steve. He is extremely knowledgeable about sailing and makes everyone feel at home as soon as they step a board. We had a wonderful sail and saw several groups of dolphins - made for great memories for everyone. Thank you Captain Steve!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank annemichaelj
Atlanta, Georgia
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

My daughter and I sailed with Capt. Steve for some further sailing education and training. He is experienced and an excellent skipper-an excellent choice for anyone wanting to sail in the Savannah area.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank James F
St. Croix, USVI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A relaxing, magnificent, fun day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I got my husband (a lifelong sailor) and me a day sail with Capt. Steve for my husband's birthday. We haven't had a boat of our own in several years, and I know he misses it. Added to that is the natural beauty of the Wilmington Island/Tybee marsh area and Steve's deep knowledge of both sailing and the area. I got to relax and enjoy the view while my husband and Steve talked sailing and maneuvered Steve's comfortable, beautiful boat past marsh grasses, pelicans, seagulls, dolphin and clumps of oysters. The currents and depths are a little tricky, but Steve's been sailing there since he was a kid and is an absolute pro, so we could relax. We had a great conversation and a completely fun day. I can't wait to go again!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank doctropic
Port Allen, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ranks high on our list of "Greatest Family Vacation Adventures"!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked a 4 hour trip with Captain Steve Horton on the Zingara on August 2, 2013. None of our family had ever been sailing before and it was the most fun ever!!! Everyone had a blast and considered it the highlight of our entire vacation and one of the best adventures they have ever experienced! A MUST DO ON YOUR BUCKET LIST!!!! Our young adult kids enjoyed the ride and sunning on the deck while us older adults enjoyed the pleasant company of Captain Steve and being able to stay out of the sun and under the covered awning of the boat. My husband got to steer the sailboat while Captain Steve tended to the sails. The weather was just perfect for our sailing adventure!! We saw some dolphins and lots of pelicans!! If you ever are in the Savannah, Georgia area, you must book a sailing trip with Captain Steve Horton! You wont regret it!!!

Visited August 2013