“Great experience”

Compass Sailing, LLC
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for a cruise aboard "Zingara", a 38' classic Morgan sailing yacht. Sit back and enjoy the egrets and dolphins, or take the helm under Captain Steve's supervision. Either way, you'll enjoy the infinite views of Savannah's salt marshes and the Atlantic ocean. Our charters are personal and private for your group, family or clients. Soft drinks are provided or you can bring along your cooler and picnic. Let's go sailing !
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We booked a 4 hour cruise in mid-September with Capt Steve. He's responsive, knowledgeable and a wonderful host. We've been on 3 & 6 day sails in New England. We can't say enough about the experience. We were trying to get in a sail before we headed home and Steve made it happen. Provision what you want and bring it on board. He's a native so knows the history, the nature and sailing. It was just the 2 of us so it made for a great experience. Do this to try sailing, you'll truly enjoy the experience.

1 Thank Peter V

Townsend, Georgia
“Beautiful Adventure”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The day was sunny the Captain charming and our family spirit could not have been better. We left around mid day and spent a Saturday afternoon cruising, sight seeing and for added adventure were lucky enough to see the Dolphin frolic around a shrimp boat close to us. The area is beautiful with many small hammocks and some great beach fronts.
I think I can speak for the whole family by saying it was fantastic.
I would do this trip again anytime!

1 Thank Michelle N
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our family had a wonderful time sailing with Compass Sailing!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went on a family adventure with CompassSailing, I have never been sailing before, it was beautiful! We saw plenty of dolphin chasing shrimp boats. It was a great trip for the whole family!

1 Thank Harn10
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Perfect Sailing Day”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband took me sailing for my birthday so I could check off another bucket list item. We brought another couple along with us who had also never sailed. The Zingara and Capt. Steve were perfect! Steve is very experienced so the trip was relaxing, informative and FUN! We even got to take a turn at the helm. The weather was perfect, just enough wind and beautiful blue skies. We took the 4 hour trip in the afternoon and it was just enough for first-timers.We plan to do this again and will absolutely sail with Capt. Steve again...maybe a full-day trip next time.

1 Thank Shelley A
Tupelo, Mississippi
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Grrrrrreat experience!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I are first time sailors. I called Captain Steve, he was very nice and very understanding as to what we wanted in a sailing experince. Sailing a boat was on my husband's bucket list and Captain Steve made the experience enjoyable. Steve is a retired industrial arts teacher and his teaching mode came out as he expalined how to sail the boat against the wind (I think it is called tacking). My husband ate up the attention. This is perfect for small groups.

1 Thank Mike W