“Unforgettable!”

Compass Sailing, LLC
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for a cruise aboard "Zingara", a 38' classic Morgan sailing yacht. Sit back and enjoy the egrets and dolphins, or take the helm under Captain Steve's supervision. Either way, you'll enjoy the infinite views of Savannah's salt marshes and the Atlantic ocean. Our charters are personal and private for your group, family or clients. Soft drinks are provided or you can bring along your cooler and picnic. Let's go sailing !
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Sailing with Captain Steve was an experience that my fiance and I will never forget! He was so nice and willing to help me plan a proposal on the tour. He picked up wine for us and his wife even made us a homemade cheese ball that was delicious! The ride itself was smooth and relaxing. The scenery was gorgeous, especially during sunset. We even saw lots of dolphins swimming up close to the boat. The Zingara is such a cool boat and Steve is great. I highly recommend this sailboat tour and look forward to sailing again the next time we visit Tybee Island. From Nicole and I, thanks for everything Captain Steve!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank sredeker

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pure pleasure on the "Zingara"”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Zingara is a 38' Morgan and she's a beauty. My family and I took a 4 hour sail in late July and since the wind didn't exactly cooperate it had the potential for disaster. Thanks to Captain Steve, disaster was averted! I've got a 12 and 10 year old, and Captain Steve got them very involved with the sails and helm of the Zingara. My 10 year old piloted us almost entirely from the ocean to the dock. Clearly the Captain's teaching background shines! Oh, and the dolphins didn't hurt. They are everywhere in the sound!

Lets put it this way: I had the sailing bug before I went and it hasn't gotten any better since! Less than 1 month later I'm now proud to captain my own 25.5 Hunter; and yes, my kids still think they're in charge!

Well worth it. After I've got some time in my log book, I plan on going back. Hey Capt, need any more crew on some of those Bahama runs?

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Matthew L
Bigelow, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Best Day EVER!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My friends and I were looking for something new for all of us to do, so we decided to SAIL and it was the best decision we could have made! We chartered the Zingara with Captain Steve at the helm and were given the most amazing 4 hours! The trip was extremely relaxing and probably one of the most fun things I've ever done. Captain Steve was very kind and more than happy to explain how the yacht and sails worked. I HIGHLY recommend Captain Steve and the Zingara to anyone who wants to just relax and have an amazing time.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kari D
Bloomingdale, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“grat day on the water”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

this is for anyone wanting to sspend a day sailing on the ga. coast. Capt Steve is a very experienced sailor. we spent the day on his boat and sailed out to the sound. the trip was very enjoyable, this was the first time my grandkids had been sailing and they had a ball. Steve's 38 morgan was a pleasure to sail and was very accomidating. i would reccomend Capt Steve and his morgan 38 to anyone who enjoys sailing and being on the water.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Rick B
Lawrenceville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a wonderful sail...”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I took our three boys sailing and had an amazing time. The boys got to help pilot the boat while my husband and I enjoyed watching them! This trip was very special to me because my husband was an avid sailor before his stroke. Now his physical limitations make it near to impossible to even get on a boat. The best part of the trip- besides the sailing and dolphins was the respect and ease that Steve carried on conversations with my husband. My husband does not talk much anymore but Steve kept his attention with stories and questions that he could relate to. It was a wonderful trip and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a sailing experience. I am sure we will be back on our annual trip to Tybee Island.

Visited June 2012